• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Compact Lighting

RoMoon

Seedling
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and I've finally decided to have a crack at a planted tank; however I'm having a little trouble deciding on the lighting.

I've got a Fluval Chi 25l, I'm going to be keeping the filter/light box that it comes with, but I want to use a separate light because the included light is 1) pretty weak 2) can't be turned on and off with a timer.

Because the Chi is quite tall, a fairly strong light would be required, however because the filter takes up a lot of space I'd need something fairly compact, perhaps some sort of LED setup. I'm also on something of a budget, so can't really afford some of the more costly lighting solutions. I was looking at some of the Finnex lights, but it turns out I can't find anywhere in the UK to buy them. Does anybody know of anywhere to buy their product, or of a suitable light for my tank?

Ideally I'd like to fall into the medium/high light category.

Cheers

Back