• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Grobeam / Aquabar fittings?

Oh bummocks!

What's the fixing arrangement now? Let me guess, some proprietary, impossible to use wonder system?

It's just got those crappy black plastic brackets that slide onto the heatsink now. One or two bodged solutions spring to mind but it's annoying, it would have been a lot neater with those older fixings. :banghead:

Crisis averted...... can you believe I had these fittings actually sitting on my desk! It'll be slightly off-centre but never mind.

qycd.jpg

Happy coincidences - got to love them!

How will you fix your shade?

There are two holes in the top of the shade (450mm apart) so it will bolt into those those metal fittings. Actually I just measured the light and the heat sink is only 440mm long so I'll have to bring the holes in 20mm or so.

Change of plan for anyone who's interested, I thought I might need a bit more light so I made these brackets so I have the choice of using my old LED in there as well if I want, whichever one I use will bolt onto my metal shade using the two fixing holes.....

26y1.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooh look at you ;)

Very nice mate

I've got this finished now and it works a treat! I haven't got any photos because my measurements were slightly out (blame the coving on my celing :confused:) and it's hanging 40mm to the right of where it should be. I'll adjust it tonight and take some photos.

Place the ceiling fittings closer together and then, further down use a spacer between the wires to push them apart

I screwed a piece of wood to the ceiling (which is in the right place) to hang the cables, from for extra strength. I just need to move the cables across a bit, it's not a problem, just a bit embarrassing.

Nah mate that's not embarrassing.

I worked out the plans so well for my last speaker build, optimised sheet cut list etc. it was a proper ball ache for the timber merchant to cut. Once cut, I loaded up the car and.......oh balls!!!! I only had one speaker cut out.......

Here it is..... I just need to remake the end pieces to fit a bit more snug.

ZTkGMgf.jpg

j1A1o1J.jpg

Attachments

• ZTkGMgf.jpg
    ZTkGMgf.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 73
  • j1A1o1J.jpg
    j1A1o1J.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 71
Very nice and the scape is really angular & minimalist

Btw where are all your fish? ;):D

(Not to cross threads but have a look at black/purple harlequins)

Oh oh I zoomed in and there's a columbian tetra heading for cover in the left hand corner :facepalm:

Cheers James

Are you joking about the Harlequins!?! I had five of the little beauties until I swapped them for those stupid Tetras, I think the one you can see is the bully. :crazy:

Oops my bad :facepalm: Poor suggestion

Trimar.co.uk do cpd at £25 per 10. They also have white cloud mountain minnow at £6 for 4. They are well regarded postal company.

:) I wasn't sure if I'd mentioned the Harlequins to you or not.

Those CPDs are a good call, shame I'm fully stocked - even if they are invisible fish!

(Little devil whispers into ear) 'the columbian tetra gets 5-6cm but CPDs are only 2-3cm. Plus the tetras are deep bodied.........you could get 25-30 CPDs ........just saying........and they really bounce around........' :oops:

Maybe the are columbian drug mules are are hiding from the authorities? I'm sure it's been tried :cool:

Back