• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Thats it very much up to date, photos were just taken. I was going to price up the timber to see how much it would cost me to produce for members/limited supply.
Great skills, looking forward to the complete cabinet :) at least you know why good quality cabinets are expensive ;)

Thanks again guys, Good to know your tastes are similar to mine :D
I do think, and always have, a nice clear varnished oak stand would compliment the green of an aquascape superbly.
I can just picture you admiring its angles and smoothness ha ha ooo errrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, as its taking more shape, the more it surpasses my expectations of how (in my opinion) good it looks. I'm really happy with it, and can almost envisage the lighting rail, with its hopefully unique finish and the other additions I can hopefully add into the mix.

I've been thinking about what we 'need' in terms of functionality coupled with looks. Hopefully when complete, this will come up with the goods.

Any updates on the stand mate ?

Hey,
Not as of yet mate, I will be putting the bottom and back in on Monday/Tuesday.

Will also cut holes for pipes and wires in panels etc :)

Good good, looking forward to seeing it finished :)

Same :)

We have been working on an extension for the past two weeks, so haven't been around workshop to 'stop back' and after a day in the cold, I never seem to want to go start working on my cabinet again :lol:

I'll get it sorted.. Eventually!

I'm looking forward to seeing more, it's gonna look fab when it's done mate!

Cheers Gary. Will try get it completed by the weekend!

Got blyxa posted this morning too mate, postage was only 90p so don't worry about it. I'm still waiting to see your feature in PFK :eek:

Cheers Gary. Will try get it completed by the weekend!

Got blyxa posted this morning too mate, postage was only 90p so don't worry about it. I'm still waiting to see your feature in PFK :eek:

That's really good of you mate :) if I see you on the hunt for plants in the future then I will be only to happy to help you - this is what makes this forum so special... Great members helping one another, thanks again mate.

PS, looking forward to the updates.

8egaquva.jpg

eva4edy4.jpg

Pretty happy with how the Eleocharis sp. Mini is growing in now. Its rushing to the corner at some rate now :)

Will probably invest in a Hydor 1600 too I think, to make sure that co2 is powered down to substrate level.

Crypts are doing particularly well in this setup, they are looking nice and healthy.

zy5unemu.jpg

yne6a3ab.jpg

The staurogyne is growing in ok at the front, just the lower leaves seem to be suffering from lack of co2, I think! But bear in mind this is right at the front down in a crevice! Hence the hydor 1600 :)

e5ydehu3.jpg

Blxya just goes mad :

8ydederu.jpg

Cabinet is near completion, and I will be assembling and gluing up the sides tomorrow or sunday, all Being well. As I want to get one layer of varnish all round first, to prevent any water issues later on, and I need to go and buy that.

Will keep you patient lot updated ;)
Cheers,
N

Back