• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light adjustment

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi guys,

a quick spec of the the tank and light before my question.

Tank : NA 90x45x50 cm
lights : NA Sunfluor 4x36w PC on for 7 hours (only 2 bulbs on)
CO2 : 24/7

So my problem is that I am currently running only two bulbs for this tank, since 3 weeks I have gradually lower the light and I have reach a point where it start to be quite close to the water surface (13 cm), and it is annoying every time to up the light unit to get my hands into the tank, plus the unit is quite heavy, and I would like faster growth.
Just to let you know, the tank is running super well (for now lol) plants are very healthy pearling like mad every day, maintenance is done every other day and 50% WC two time a week.

so the question is :

I would like to turn on the 4 bulbs but I don't if I need to double the height of the light or just up slightly the light and turn on the other bulbs ? I am asking that to be sure that the change from two to four bulb will no stress too much the plants. After Two or three weeks of 4 bulbs on I can start lowering the lights like (5 cm every two weeks).

thanks for your help member

Zanguli

Hi Thomas,
You have the PAR chart from your old Dymax thread. Look at the data and do the calculations necessary to increase the PAR some arbitrary percentage, say, 20%. The see what happens and if everything is OK then do another calculation and increase the output another 20%.

Cheers,

By the way, be sure to use the curve labeled "other PC" on the chart. The PCs have a lower PAR output than the long tubes so you can get away with shorter distances.

Cheers,

Back