• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for my 10 (54litre) gallon tank

tortoise

Seedling
Originally I was going to buy 2 CFL clip on lamps (10-15W), however after hours of looking i couldnt find one in the uk for under £40. I would like to get medium lighting on my 10g tank ( dimensions 60cmx30cmx30cm.

I use liquid fertilisers, root tabs and liquid co2. I may also use a DIY co2 kit in the future.

Can someone send me a link for a medium light i can buy for under £40? anything is fine LED etc

Thanks for your help

Hi have you looked at the fluval clip on, our sons has one on his tank running low tech. I'll stick a pic up for you. You may need two on your tank. The colour is better than the pic to follow, it's lights out at the moment so it was only on for a few seconds.

Last edited:
pebe3e9e.jpg
e4apy5et.jpg
sorry it's in desperate need of a trim and clean.:$

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hi kirk, thanks for helping a new member! Unfortunately after looking online for the fluval clip on i could only find it from US websites. I ended buying a 25w cfl which should be enough as my temporary 10w is doing the job with the plants!

Nice tank, cant see any fish though

Hi tortoise, there is one cloud minow, and a big colony of cherry shrimp in the tank. Soon to be crs once the balance is right again. ( better cleaning routine). Get some pics of your setup on here when you get chance.:)

Back