• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting solution

Polleni

Seedling
Hi guys I recently acquired a juwel rekord 120 in the hopes of having a low tech low light setup. The hood has seen better days, missing ballast and I've been told it has a faulty end cap. It's currently fitted with a 5w juwel novolux led tube, which I'm guessing is inadequate for my needs.

What are my options besides buying a new hood.

Not familiar with the tank but you could maybe instead of replacing hood purchase a luminaire or LED across tank ? gives much better access for tank maintenance

You could try LED strip lights or if you are brave, DIY 3W leds. What are you trying to grow? Any pics of the setup?

Probably would have help to post tank dimensions 101 x 73 x 31cm.

Would consider either a luminaire or led but been told im on a tight budget, so need some help trying to find something suitable.

No pics yet but setup will be low tech so will mainly be crypts and anubias and possibly some type of carpet.

Last edited:
Hi Polleni and welcome to the ukaps. Have had a look at the LED light your looking at and it seems ok, it might be worth checking with manufacturer to see if it can be dimmed, might not need it but it's a nice option to have. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.
Jim

Back