• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Utopia - 60l - 2014.06.05 - Kids trimming Montecarlo :-)

Pedro Rosa

Just a little sneak peek...
Work still in progress.

20131229-1.jpg

It's... different :rolleyes:
Wanted to try rock&wood together in a slighly differente way.
It was done with "spares" from previous aquariums. Seiryu Stone and Hornwood.
Even plants will be a mix of old and new.

Will have Montecarlo (from previous aquarium by the Forest Shore), some Marsilea going back in the middle passage (from previous aquarium Forsaken World), Weeping and Spiky moss (leftovers from Forsaken World), maybe some Macandra Red (from previous aquarium by the Forest Shore) and in the back will try Eleocharis sp. (due to arrive on the second week of january). Maybe another middle/background plant is missing. I will see what could be used but feel free to advice (no Ammania, please :angelic: ).

Pedro.

Mmmmm:) got my eye on this too.

It's planted (Montecarlo) and some Rotala Macandra Red.

Just filled up with water and will see what plants should be used so that some perspective can be achieved :bookworm:

Will update with photos and a video at a near future. Right now i'm more concerned with a treatment i'm doing in my Simulans (that were in this ADA60P). Two died on the day before i disassembled with Ich (? is that the name in english for that white dots disease). There was no more death on the temp tank but I started doing a treatment and increasing water temperature. So i had do move all CRS to this new Utopia tank (old filter, 50% onld water) :(

Pedro.

Some photos from the making of Utopia.​
Ordered chronologically.​
20131229-1.jpg
20131229-2.jpg
20131229-4.jpg
20131229-5.jpg
20131229-6.jpg
20131229-7.jpg
20131229-8.jpg
20131230-9.jpg
20131230-10.jpg
20131230-11.jpg
PS: It could be called "Kraken" :D
Pedro.​

Yes I like kraken :) suits.

Pedro you're killing me! TWO great 'scapes at once??????

Again I'm putting your pics in my inspiration gallery

Great work........

btw what's the size of the tank?

Well James, it was the first time i made them almost together. There are advantages and disadvantages: using leftovers form one; but will be more time without building another one... and we know that the planning and tests are wonderful time in aquascaping.
It's a 60x36x30 cm.

Pedro.

Looks great love the rock and wood scape looking forward to seeing it fill in and like someone else said 2 great scapes so close together well done mate hats off to you

Thanks dean

Back