• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Beyond"

CeeJay

Hi all

This is my latest project. All Crypts. Somewhat less maintenance than a 'lawn' :D
I had planned to document the whole 'setting up' procedure, but that went out the window last weekend, due to a crisis involving hospitals :(
After a chaotic few days, I finally got round to planting it.
This is it, the day after planting.

Plants
C. Parva
C. Wendtii Green
C. Wendtii Brown
C. Undulata
C. Lucens
C. Becketii 'Petchii'
C. Balansae.
and one odd ball C. x hybrid (the tallest one on the extreme right)

Day-1-1.jpg

I can't help thinking I need something 'broad leaved' in front of the wood :? Decisions decisions :lol:

I think it's gonna be mad :D
But I love mad :lol:

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for looking.

Looking interesting already. Its fit for this winter theme and I can imagine dense growth from the crypts (the way you pump your co2)

Will there be anything in the foreground?

I can imagine this grown in and I'm certain it will look great.

It looks like you've sorted that important balance between good 'scaping and low maintenance.

Consider C. wendtii 'brown' mixed with C. wendtii 'green' around the base of the wood to act as a natural looking transition.

I'm looking forward to following this one! :thumbup:

Nice looking start,but as George says you might want to get some low light plant of sorts around the base of the wood,

regards,
john

I think Darren got some nice species of anubias in a while ago. Might be nice for a visit to LW :)
I probably wont be heading there untill after the new year now.

Very nice.
Like George I have a picture of how it will grow in (not sure how accurate my picture is though, lol).
I'd be tempted to leave it as is for now, see how it grows in, then rearrange slightly\add anubias if the urge takes.

What are you intending to keep in there? Simply add the runnynoses and harlequins and cherries?

Not thought about another type of fish? or even upgrading to a few CRS/CBS? :)

Hi all
Thanks for all the kind comments
George Farmer said:
Consider C. wendtii 'brown' mixed with C. wendtii 'green' around the base of the wood to act as a natural looking transition.
The more I look at this tank, the more I think it needs the transition. So I will probably run with this idea
Gill said:
This is going be come along very nicely as it matures
Thanks Gill :D
john starkey said:
Nice looking start,but as George says you might want to get some low light plant of sorts around the base of the wood,
the more I look, the more I agree :D
mlgt said:
I think Darren got some nice species of anubias in a while ago. Might be nice for a visit to LW
The decision is made, Crypts only :lol: . Still won't stop me visiting LW, as it is on my doorstep ;)
ghostsword said:
it looks really good..
Thanks Luis
a1Matt said:
Very nice.
Like George I have a picture of how it will grow in (not sure how accurate my picture is though, lol).
I'd be tempted to leave it as is for now, see how it grows in, then rearrange slightly\add anubias if the urge takes.
Thanks Matt. I'm tempted to do all the rearranging and fiddling now and then leave it alone :rolleyes:
mlgt said:
What are you intending to keep in there? Simply add the runnynoses and harlequins and cherries?

Not thought about another type of fish? or even upgrading to a few CRS/CBS?
The cherries have gone in the moss tank. The original Rummynose and Harlequins are living in a barrel at the moment with an external filter and heater :oops: , but I am sorely tempted by a large shoal of neons or cardinals. I know it's been done before but I think large numbers look cool in a planted tank.
LondonDragon said:
Nice start Chris, looking forward to seeing this one mature :) no hairgrass??
Thanks LD, and no, definitely no hairgrass :lol: . Whilst it looks nice, I won't miss being in there up to my armpits, trimming the grass once a fortnight and then cleaning up all the bits that get blown all over the place by the flow :lol:
But let's put this into perspective, 2 years ago I couldn't grow aquatic plants to save my life, and with the help of you guys, I was pleased to learn that I can now grow a 'lawn' if I want to :D
So a big :thumbup: to UKAPS

Back