• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Her indoors/the accountant/the killjoy

glenn farrar

Hi guys was just wondering if any of you had any tips on dealing with the better half! I have only just started up so obviously I need stuff, lots of stuff, lots of lovely techy shiny glassy stuff.......but I really get it in the neck if I even mention a new tank or filter or anything really.
Please help! :confused: Any tips greatly received

Glenn

Ha ha did she find out about the stockings ;)

First tip never say how much it was just go oh it was cheap...

Second tip it came from a friend...

Third top act dumb lol

Ha ha ha they come around eventually lol

Hi Bhu don't even mention the stockings I have just ordered some new stone and already have my eyes on her stockings :angelic:
Sadly our joint account rules out the "oh it was really cheap" trick:( but I am very good at acting dumb:confused:

cheers

Ha Ha ha your in trouble then! You need to create a cash account by selling your stuff for cash, car boots, selling plant cuttings, shrimps on ebay, washing cars ha ha ha so you can just buy it out right then ;)

Else good luck!

Hmm it's looking bad! Maybe I could sell her car I am sure she won't notice:nailbiting:
I think I am going to have to have a rethink!

Ok new approach! Chocolates, flowers and foot massages... Then I gently drop in the conversation I need.... With your best persuasion voice ;)

Lol that may be the only way actually! I will massage her feet whilst singing some Michael Buble!! That should do it, I will let you know how it goes.

Buy something and leave it in the garage for a week or two. In plain sight. When you bring it into the house she'll think it's been around a while and you're just fetching it.

Now you got me thinking . It could be the only way Big clown! I will gauge her reaction when I tell her about the co2 setup I need and go from there, because I don't think my impression of the Buble is going to cut it:singing:

Get stuff delivered to work... mine got suspicious with loads of parcels turning up from ebay, even the post man started to complain!

@Dantrasy I like your style but it's the joint account that gets me every time! She is like Sherlock Holmes when it comes to the finances:(

I'd guess your cosmetic expenses are lower than hers...............compensation ??? (Or will she just argue it's a tribute to you ....) ;)

@Julian another good idea if I wasn't self employed and I didn't have the joint account
It's looking like divorce I reckon!

@Mick.Dk I am lucky in the fact my wife doesn't go for make up and all that but......... she spends thousands on the kids so maybe the compensation route might work!!

Or maybe not.

Make sure you get any mail order delivered to work - those little pots of 1-2-grow ended up being re-counted as £1 each, a Grobeam tile as £20… works for me every time! Cash at the LFS also.

And if you decide to go with CO2 - never, ever say you are going to have a compressed gas cylinder in the house. Pressurised = Danger, Gas = Danger, Co2 = Certain death by suffocation. Logical or balanced? None of it will matter. I've ended up just hiding a small 600g disposable tank in the cabinet under a cardboard box.

Back