• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Attaching two filters to one spraybar.

Ajm200

I have setup my tank with two x fluval 405 with spraybars on the back wall. The left filter has co2 fed into it's intake and has a triple bar just below the surface pointing to the front. The other filter has a double spraybar positioned an inch below the first.

Would it be a bad idea to attach both filters go the same spraybar?

Typically, yes, it's a bad idea, and filters should be separated as they tend to interfere with each other.

Cheers,

Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. Will show hubby your response and he will hopefully give up on his idea to remove the lower spraybar.

Its always a bad idea to have two pumps pumping against each other.
Perhaps what you could do is make 1 new full tank length spray bar but with some sort of pug in the centre of it to devide it into two.This could be made from perspex rod .There are lots of people selling clear perspex tube and rod that you could make it from. If needed you could go up a size in diameter .

Simon

Thanks Simon.. I don't want to remove the second spraybar, just wanted to make sure that I was right that it would be wrong to attach both filters to the top one. DH thinks the spraybars are ugly, they are but the top one will be completely hidden by the hood and the other will only just be visible. They just look worse at the moment as all the stem plants are short.

Amanda

Back