• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's the demand for high street planted aquarium shops?

Re: What's the demand for high street planted aquarium shops

Still, I have debated my own computer-based business, so things would go full circle. Again, doing it on your own is different than doing what you are 'told' to do by others...

SteveUK said:
nry said:
I ended up with computers for a job which destroyed the desire to have them at home...

My situation exactly...

I have to say that I am the opposite.. I love computers, and I work with computers day in day out, couldn't get tired of it, and holidays for me are taken because I either have to travel to South Africa to see my inlaws with the kids, or to Portugal to see my family, and more often than not I take my laptop, blackberry and vpn key just in case. I spent all day connected to a computer, and when I go home, after putting the kids to sleep I turn on my laptop, which is on my bed, and surf the net, etc, until 2am everyday.

There is a saying that if you run for fun you do not get tired. :)

Having a shop doing what one enjoys I am sure that it would not be a chore.

When I went to TGM, Jim turned up to meet us. You could clearly see that that man enjoys what he does for a living, there is simply no doubt about that.

How many people do you know, or met, that enjoys what they do for a living?

I am not sure that a aquatic plant shop gives that much money, but sometimes money isn't everything.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but another thing to think about.
you do not have to set up a store using everything brand spanking new. You would be suprised the amount of tanks and equipment that are thrown away.

Completely true.. one could even setup a store just selling second hand tanks.. There are some real good bargains out there.. :)

Even taking just unwanted fish..

Gill said:
you do not have to set up a store using everything brand spanking new. You would be suprised the amount of tanks and equipment that are thrown away.

I'm surprised at seeing entire LFSs for sale on ebay!
Sometimes hundreds of dry good products, other times rows and rows of tanks and/or filtration systems.

a1Matt said:
Gill said:

I'm surprised at seeing entire LFSs for sale on ebay!
Sometimes hundreds of dry good products, other times rows and rows of tanks and/or filtration systems.

Maybe it is a bad sign.. :)

Back