• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My venture into my new 760 ltr planted tank .

Re: My venture into my new 760 ltr aquariam.

It looks like a delivery at a garden centre! Along with everyone else I'm looking forward to seeing this. Just watch your back, that lot is going to be a killer to plant

WOW it looks like You want to set a plant shop LOL

It will take You a few hours to plant all this with mine I spend 5 hours with this amount of plants it takes a all day

Look forward to see this good luck

Always Broke said:
Plants , more plants and even more plants and even more plants . Now in possession of some 230 pots of plants.
This is going to take a bit of planting I think.

PlantsMedium.jpg

Had a bit of a lighting disaster. Got told on Tuesday that there were no lighting unites in the UK like the one I ordered . Made a quick decision and a few phone calls and I now have two 40" Arcadia units coming for Friday. Thanks to my LFS for sorting it out.It will be better in some ways as it is now the full length of the tank ,but smaller units to remove for tank maintenance . Just cost another £150 than I was expecting

Roll on Saturday

Simon

Such a lovely sight, But i would rather you than me haveing to tackle that lot! lol. Good luck mate, Ill be watching.

That is a ship load of plants. You must be very excited! Make sure you have enough beer to last you the day it will take to plant it :thumbup: Now I really do see why you are always broke. You must have a very understanding missus.

Looks like a bad back is brewing :lol: :lol:

Great journal watching all the time :clap: :clap:

Cheers

Stu. :D

Awesome journal! Can't wait to see the planting pics!!!

The wife bought some more Buckets today. We can then start sorting the stems which we will plant first. I have 8 buckets full of them that's some 96 pots .
Garage is full of plants .
All my hobbies keep me always broke.

Simon

Been sorting and planting for 3 1/2 hours so far. Lots and lots to do yet.
Time for tea and a back rest.

All my hobbies keep me always broke.

I know what that feels like, but then you could be dead tomorrow ...whats money going to do for you then. Lol

Well thats one of my justifications. :)

Ive got all this coming in the next month, looking forward to it and not at the same time.

Hows the planting going? It's all getting very exciting now the anticipation is killing me, we need some intermediate pics to keep us going :lol:
I'm quite jealous Simon, yet another week has gone by with no tank or communication from Aquariums Ltd, next week is week 16 since my order, sigh :thumbdown:

Colinlp said:
Hows the planting going? It's all getting very exciting now the anticipation is killing me, we need some intermediate pics to keep us going :lol:
I'm quite jealous Simon, yet another week has gone by with no tank or communication from Aquariums Ltd, next week is week 16 since my order, sigh :thumbdown:

You will have to wait a bit longer yet. :twisted: :twisted: Lots of plants ,in fact lots and lots and lots of plants.
Some are going to have to come out later ,but that's a later on thing once I get sorted. At the moment I am not sure whether I an coming or going. Its all good fun. I also have to sort out the mounting of the lighting .That needs a bit of thinking about as I want to mount both units on the tank so they will hinge back for easy access.
That seams a long wait for a tank. I waited 3 weeks and that was long enough.

Simon

Surprise surprise, Aquariums Ltd have just been in touch to ask me to change the above as it is actually week 14 next week not 16, that windows calendar I ask you! My apologies. Anyway they tell me they will be in my area on May 8th and I have confirmed that is OK, so ash clouds aside it may actually arrive.

Where did you get yours from Simon, 3 weeks is fast! A friend of mine waited 7 for a tank similar in size to ours from another manufacturer very recently. Anyway, back on track and back to work :D

Not good pictures. So much reflection from the Conservatory. I will get better ones later when I cover the windows.
Anyway here is what i have at the moment. Looks a mess just after planting. this is about an hour after filling with water . Turned on the lights , fed the plants and turned on the Co2 as well.

SG1L2732Medium.jpg

SG1L2743Medium.jpg

SG1L2731Medium.jpg

SG1L2728Medium.jpg

Water surface movement from the 2.1mt long 40mm dia spray bar.

SG1L2728Medium.jpg

Water change set to do once a day at the moment between 12 and 1. Feed and trace everyday at 1.30. Co2 on at 12 and off at 8 pm . Lots of it at the moment. Lights on at 3.30 till 9 pm. Only half the tubes at present.
Good circulation ,slight movement in most of the plants.
Will get a couple of drop checkers and move around the tank .

So that,s 230 pots of plants in a 7x2x2 tank .
Need to get on and finish the woodwork next.

Simon

WOW! Looks fantastic! It already looks nice and lush :clap: You should be proud. :)

Thanks, Celestial.

Total respect for taking on such a huge planted tank,one thing i think you will be able to do when its been going for a few months is just do 2 water changes a month (thats as long as its all going well),i did this in my 98 g setup and it worked a treat,with a tank your size and the more stable water volumes every thing should be fine,great looking setup,
regards john.

That's incredible, 230 pots! It's going to fill out beautifully in a couple of months. I bet you're glad to get that over with it must have bee a back breaker to say the least but it was worth it, it's looking excellent

Really looking forward to seeing its development. I am not really shore which direction it will go in. There will be changes along the way. So looking forward too seeing it all growing though.
My next job is to get the woodwork finished , this also involves building a bookcase on the return wall the same hight as the cabinet with a nice wide top for the wife to keep he collection Bread Apart of frogs that seem to be appearing.

Simon

Back