• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

finally chosen tank

Ben M

hi, after months of consideration i have chosen a nano tank for shrimp. i am going for the superfish aqua qube 40 at my local MA. i've discussed this tank with the people there, who are very helpful and i've decided that this is the tank to go for. all i've got to wait for now is for the parents to finish decorating the dining room so i can buy it. do you think this tank is a good choice for a planted shrimp tank possibly with some threadfin rainbows or micro rasboras?

cheers :D

MICRO ROSBORAS MICROOOOOOOO RASSSSBORASSSS!!!

my opinion has well and truly been voiced...haha

my sister has an MA really close to here and when ever im around we go there, they are good people, being 40ltrs you could get a right sexy skool of rasboras :D

lol, i'm guessing you like micro rasboras? :lol: about how much should i expect to pay for them at MA? i haven't seen them in the store, so i'd have to see if they'd order them in. and how many would you recommend for a tank of that size?

yeah there reallll cool :D

erm not really too sure how much you should pay sorry, plus im pooop at stocking levels :(

I'd say a max of 10, less would be better. They're lovely fish always wanted some.

Garuf said:
I'd say a max of 10, less would be better. They're lovely fish always wanted some.

I'd go for 20. They're so tiny, and they love shoalling. I've had 20 in that size tank no probs.

Mark

Hi all,
I really like Threadfin Rainbows, I recently bought 3 for my Cherry Shrimp tank (supposedly 1m, 2f, but all males). What has surprised me is that they display constantly to each other (fin flashing, followed by an all fins out "sail by", and then a rapid fins out shimmy), and have coloured up brilliantly. There has been little aggression amongst the males and I've had a re-think, and assuming I can get some females, I'm going to try a bigger shoal (3m? 10f) in a bigger tank.

cheers Darrel

cheers for the replies. i'm really stuck now as to which to go for. i think they are both great fish. however, i've kept rasboras before, but never rainbowfish and i'd quite like a go at breeding them. if i went for the rainbows how many would you suggest if the only other stocking was shrimp and 2 stiphodon gobies?

Hi all,
if i went for the rainbows how many would you suggest if the only other stocking was shrimp and 2 stiphodon gobies?
Probably only 1 or 2 males and no more than 5 females. You need to make sure that you get some females, as some shops only sell males (including some that sell them as "pairs"). I couldn't find a good female picture, but as you can see they don't have any] fin extensions.

Threadfin-Rainbowfish-female.jpg

If you want to breed them (or CPD) the easiest method is the "Java moss tangle" method (or the roots of Pisitia) as the fry are incredibly small. There are a couple of forums with plenty of information.
<http://www.rainbowfish.info/forum/>

cheers Darrel

i would go with threadfins, they look amazing. i saw a new color morph at the weekend in MA. white tipped tail fin, on a male - looked really nice

Back