• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini M - Rescape

4854242925_bbffaf6eef_z.jpg

Great video and nice update, Viktor!

What's your thinking regarding the Blyxa?

For me it is a little overpowering as a transition between the HC and rock. It's so bold my eye is drawn to it immediately and I can't help thinking the main rock should be the focus. It's like it's competing for my attention. It's also dead-center, which has an impact too.

It's a minor niggle, and these are easy to pick up on in such great-looking tanks... ;)

Keep up the great work mate. :D

hey George, you're right. :thumbup:

Of course the whole tank is more of plant school/attempt to me than a real scape. I never had success with carpet HC or Blyxa before. Fissidens was also one of my wish. So i ended up a a small thank which has more plant than i need. :D
But it was a pretty good learning cycle with these plants, so i will use them for sure for my future tanks without any issue from now on. Also finally i use RO water here and have time to watch how plants changing to good or bad just by softening the tap water. Interesting ;)

Before i redo this scape fully, i will make a cleaner look probably, when blyxa will go behind the big rock, will remove rotala and fissidens too. But around these days i just enjoy so much watching the tank. Not really the scape, but the plant health and the green mass ;) its a small world and still gives so much energy. Very different impression than a big one.

Anyway you're right should have been much better focusing to the scape with better plant selection and transitions.

Without driving you and anyone else crazy i shoot another photo today with backlight etc. 1 week after the previous photo. Looking forward to better qual shots. This is why i try so many settings.

The current shot was done with a tripod and remote shooting via PC. 2x40Watt backlight additionally to the tank 27Watt light. ISO 100, 1/50, f/4.0, focal 21mm. Any suggestion how the photo could be better?

4867053268_3fb2790bfe_z.jpg

Love the moss around the rocks. What do you think about the stems. Seems more recent ADA scapes favour single tall strands of stems rether than very bush trimmed mass of stems ?

TBRO said:
Love the moss around the rocks. What do you think about the stems. Seems more recent ADA scapes favour single tall strands of stems rether than very bush trimmed mass of stems ?

thanks TBRO ;) I like the busy stem forest better. especially when that is trimmed and colored perfectly.

But here i tried only to use a few piece to have a red color in the tank. Unfortunatelly rotala lost it's deep red color shotly after planting. Because of the NA Carbon in the filter i do not know, but i lost the visual effect this way. :(

i had a hope that after softening the water the red color will come back partially especially as i dose ECA, but iron is nearly zero in the tank as i tested sometimes. whatever iron i add in the 750ml NA Carbon remove it. It's a trade off now which is kind of ok. But i miss the refreshing red now a lot. :D

viktorlantos said:
hey George, you're right. :thumbup:

Of course the whole tank is more of plant school/attempt to me than a real scape. I never had success with carpet HC or Blyxa before. Fissidens was also one of my wish. So i ended up a a small thank which has more plant than i need. :D
But it was a pretty good learning cycle with these plants, so i will use them for sure for my future tanks without any issue from now on. Also finally i use RO water here and have time to watch how plants changing to good or bad just by softening the tap water. Interesting ;)

Before i redo this scape fully, i will make a cleaner look probably, when blyxa will go behind the big rock, will remove rotala and fissidens too. But around these days i just enjoy so much watching the tank. Not really the scape, but the plant health and the green mass ;) its a small world and still gives so much energy. Very different impression than a big one.

Anyway you're right should have been much better focusing to the scape with better plant selection and transitions.

Without driving you and anyone else crazy i shoot another photo today with backlight etc. 1 week after the previous photo. Looking forward to better qual shots. This is why i try so many settings.

The current shot was done with a tripod and remote shooting via PC. 2x40Watt backlight additionally to the tank 27Watt light. ISO 100, 1/50, f/4.0, focal 21mm. Any suggestion how the photo could be better?

4867053268_3fb2790bfe_z.jpg
Hi mate

I hope you weren't offended by my comments. It was just an observation and I thought you may have a master plan behind the Blyxa use.

The photo looks excellent.

Some improvements would be to remove equipment and get better fish positioning. I'd also be tempted to go for a smaller aperture i.e. f/8 to f/11 to get a better depth of field. Increase ISO to 400 to 640 and get a 1/100 sec shutter speed. There's no visible noise at ISO 400 on most Canon DSLRs and the faster shutter speed will freeze the fish better.

Keep up the great work mate. :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
Hi mate

I hope you weren't offended by my comments. It was just an observation and I thought you may have a master plan behind the Blyxa use.

nah, there was not really an offense in your words George. i really appreciate all your comments and feedback. initially i thought blyxa will stay compact because of the strong light but as i softened the water blyxa started to grow like a hell and for now it's hard to see my original rock behind it :lol:

George Farmer said:
Some improvements would be to remove equipment and get better fish positioning. I'd also be tempted to go for a smaller aperture i.e. f/8 to f/11 to get a better depth of field. Increase ISO to 400 to 640 and get a 1/100 sec shutter speed. There's no visible noise at ISO 400 on most Canon DSLRs and the faster shutter speed will freeze the fish better.

will do a test with a these settings next time. would be intresting to see the difference. have the 2 photos next to each other for example.

thanks for the tip mate keep your comments coming :thumbup: ;)

not posted a month ago. still not relocated the plants just live with it a little more yet. ;)

This one i shot a week ago or so. Rotala was big enough and after this shot i trimmed them heavily.

4923983271_ee363d8c3f_z.jpg

4924580628_62cacc1578_z.jpg

shortly after the trimming. still not luck with UG of course. :D

4935714778_8f99f1665c_z.jpg

and some fresh one from today.

4951738011_ceeaf4d75d_z.jpg

4951731135_9430234a23_z.jpg

4952323724_9596b5e512_z.jpg

Filtration: Ecco Pro 130 with NA Carbon
Water Change: 2 times a week 50% with full RO
Ferts: ADA Brighty K 2ml/day, Step 2 2ml/day, Easy Carbo 0.8ml/day, ECA 4 drops between WC.
At water changes 4 drop Green Bacter and Green Gain, 8 drop Phyton Git, 4 drop ECA
Current water hardness: GH 6, KH 4

Thanks for watching :D

Wow, that really is quite beautiful. Well done.

On the UG, I had the same problem when I tried it for the first time, and someone told me to cut it back to just under a cm.
I did this on half of it and left the rest. And it worked. Most of the half I left just disolved (thought some did come back with new shoots), while the half I cut soon bounced back almost completely and started spreading quite quickly.

I had this in a low light tank too.

It really is an amazing plant, but from my experience, it is extremely tempramental and I wonder if there are now many variants with different lighting preferences, hardiness and so on. It seems many have luck with UG in low-tech while many others say it's very demanding. :?:

Viktor

It all looks so healthy, a testament to your skills and ADA products!

Andyh

Hi Viktor,
In love this nano, the simplicity is stunning and the plant health is superb!

Back