• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipes - what size

Mrmikey

Well I'm about to get my first external filter tomorrow an ehiem ecco 200 for my 30l nano cube.
I've looked at the 13mm lily pipes avaliable and they seem they might be quite intrusive. Most measurements suggest it would stick out 6-7 inches which is half the width/depth of my tank.
There are nano ones at 9mm I've seen, could they be be used with a ecco 200 (600lph) and if so would this increase the force of the outflow? I'm worried I might end up with a serious wirlpool.

Cheers

Thanks guys really appricate that. I've had a look at both tgm and eBay links and decided the tgm ones were a bit expensive... Especially with my luck I'd prob break them on opening like I did with my diffuser!
I decided to get both sizes to save on packing as Im thinking of getting a 60cm tank in the future and could use them on there... Or I'll just sell them.
Will I need any adaptors or will the 9mm fit onto the tubing ok without any extra bits.

Back