• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap Ferts-ebay?

Hi Nick593
ceg4048 said:
Quality does not matter. Go for it.
I acted on this advice a while back and now all my ferts come from ebay or garden centres.
Haven't seen any problems with plants at all, and saved a packet into the bargain.
At those prices you can't go wrong :D

is it actualy legal to sell potasium nitrate on ebay? Because it can be used in explosives and bombs :s (we used to use it to make smoke bombs in my youth lol)

I recall a comment Zig said (a long while back, so apologies if I am remembering incorrectly) that it is illegal to buy it in Ireland.

Hi Nick593

I'm using those exact same ferts from exactly the same supplier and I agree the price does seem to good to be true but why pay 4 times the price when you don't need to? And you get a nice pot to keep the dry ferts in to the bargain.

I also use magnesium sulphate (Epsom salts), calcium sulphate (Gypsum), pottasium bicarbonate and calcium carbonate for remineralising RO water to James's recipe which can be found on his website and all of it was bought off Ebay at a fraction of the cost of other suppliers.

Fish and plants are thriving.

Regards, Chris.

Back