• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marri [Gone to its new Home]

Re: The Spine [Torn Down - New Tank Coming Soon]

misscaretaker said:
I'm glad your postal fish arrived ok; I'm extremely wary of buying fish this way as I'm rarely in to receive parcels they'd end up spending a night at the depot and be dead by the time I picked them up!
Re: your excessive amounts of riccia; I bet you could make a few quid selling it on here, TFF and Ebay.

It is A Little worrying the 1st time you ever order, but I have been buying fish online for a few years now. And Only 2 DOA. And they were fish fom within the UK.
I have never had any probs with fish I have ordered from Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia. Fish have always arrived in excellent Health and Very short time frame from paying to arriving - Usually 3-4 Days.

The Fish I ordered this time, arrived in a XL Polybox with Heatpacks and Double Bagged wrapped in newspaper. Total time in Transit from being bagged to my door was less than 18hours which is good. It is always best to post fish in the last post of the day For Royal Mail. These were Sent Via TNT, The seller has been using them for a while and is Very Satisfied with their Service. £15 for 1 Polybox filled with fish is a very reasonalbe price.

In regards tot he Riccia, it usually goes in one of my Barrells (WCMM, Fighters, Gouramis, Platties, Mollies, Tetras) and the inhabitants love it.

Just won a 30+Gallon cube on ebay :)

Pick up the new tank in the morning, and then will start looking at scaping it.

picked up the new tank. Vrey Very Pleased with it. Just needs cleaning up before using.
Now the only thing to do is to clean it up and set it up somewhere, far tooo big for the spare room where my tanks are. Ohhhh Also Have not told the wife yet, it it currently hidden underneath some old rags in the main garage.
The Tank is made with double panes of glass. Never seen that before. No equipment with it, just an UGF tray and uplift.

Wifey has to understand that it is a part of who you are, just like maybe handbags(or somthing else) might be an essential part of her well being.

I am curious about these double panes, I seen it on the base of tanks, but not all over. What is the glass thickness?

Take some photos quicky :D

sanj said:
Wifey has to understand that it is a part of who you are, just like maybe handbags(or somthing else) might be an essential part of her well being.

I am curious about these double panes, I seen it on the base of tanks, but not all over. What is the glass thickness?

Take some photos quicky :D

Lol, I don't think I will try setting it up untill after the little ones birthday is over. She may be in a better mood after then (You don't know any Eggless Bakers Do you).

Will take some pix when i clean it up. I think the glass panes were 5mm each. I am still contemplating what to scape it as. I am thinking of Making a Larger Scale Barren, cause the footprint allows for the scale of it.
And on the other Hand I would like to do a Bogwood tank, but using long interesting peices with lots of Moss on them.

I got the tank off, of Maciej, the Vet I know. He did not have room for it, even though he has bought 3 new tanks this week. And Won a Seabray Custom Made Cube this afternoon.

5mm! that would explain the doubling up.

Eggless... no sorry, cant the family bake one? i guess you could as a regular cake maker to see if they can make an eggless cake. If they cant then they arent that good. :p

Sounds like an interesting guy this vet, he must be if he likes keeping fish. lol

sanj said:
5mm! that would explain the doubling up.

Eggless... no sorry, cant the family bake one? i guess you could as a regular cake maker to see if they can make an eggless cake. If they cant then they arent that good. :p

Sounds like an interesting guy this vet, he must be if he likes keeping fish. lol

Ahhh No worries, Just annoyed by the choice from bakeries here, Will be going to Brum to check out the Indian Vegan Bakery in Sparkhill Tuesday. Was going to Use Luxury Bakery in Wyken, but not impressed with the price or options.

Maciej, Is Really into Fishkeeping - Has Tanks in Every room and some very interesting Fish.

misscaretaker said:
Nothing to do with tanks but I have some recipes for eggless cakes if you're desperate! Just out of curiosity, why eggless?

Cool that would be interesting to have a look at, but need to make a cake for atleast 90 people. Eggless - We are Sikh and My mother has taken Vows, so does not eat anything with egg, fish or anything with meat by-products. Like Some cheeses that contain Beef Rennet, Anything with Gelatine in it. Even sweets and yoghurts that contain meat byproducts. So want a Cake that everyone will be able to eat. Also We are having the birthday ceremony in the Gurdwara, so Meat is a BIG NO NO. HTH.

Lost one of the Female Halfbeaks yesterday. She had gotten herself tangled in the Frogbit Roots while Dropping Fry. Found her ripped open and saved 1 fry (added to the Barren). SB Rams are Digging Pits again so maybe better outcome this time.

I changed the scape of this slightly, Added more Marimo Balls and just let them settle where they dropped. This makes for more interesting shapes and caves for the fish to explore. Mainly being the Formosa that explore the Marimo Caves.
The Coral Platties are as greedy as I remember them to be, and after feeding they are rooting around for more food. Whenever I move a Marimo ball to another position they dive in to scavenge what was underneath it. Very Amusing to watch.
The Stiph.Gobies are spending equal amounts of time in and out of the tank. Always know when they are out of the tank, as I can hear them splashing about on the outlet of the Hob munching on the algae that grows there.

Still itching to get the new tank scaped but will need to be patient and wait for the right time after the birthday is done. I am contemplating the idea of a trickle tower as the filter for it, as reading the benefits of this type of filter are interesting. And there are plenty of build threads on MFK for Ideas. Or just make a Bigger External using another larger pond pump(still have a Few kicking about) and a Click and Lock Dustbin from Foleshill Warehouse. And using a Vegetable Rack as the Media baskets. Would save on the some of the outrageous pricing for externals.

Re: Marri

A Few Pix
The Clay "Diya" is for the Rams to spawn in.
062.jpg

070.jpg

074.jpg

085.jpg

087.jpg

After the Mishap with one of the Female Halfbeaks, I removed 90% of the Frogbit and gave it to a Friend.
And some Good News is that Finally the Newer Halfbeaks have been weened off of, Live and Frozen foods. They are now readily taking pellets, which is alot easier than having to catch live food in the barrells outside in this cold(especially with my back playing up again for the last 3 weeks).

Have not taken any pix of the new tank, But here are the Ebay Pix.
You can see the Double panes are on all sides and base.
Length 24"(610mm), Width 20"(510mm), Height 20"(510mm)
!B6ZMLBgB2k~$(KGrHqQOKjIEyOiF3Iy6BM)LIE1dBQ~~_3.JPG

!B6ZKm+QB2k~$(KGrHqIOKkQEyMlmGwqjBM)LEEv+Qg~~_3.JPG

Have decided not to set the new tank up yet. Will be setting up next year in the summer, As will be buying all the supplies when on holiday in Feb in India and Loading up at least one suitcase(got a Mega Good Deal of 50Kilos Baggage allowance Each). Last time i was over there i found astounding prices on pellet foods and supplies, but did not bring back much with me. Pity I can't bring back any fish, soooooooooo Cheap in Chandigarh and Ludhiana.

They all going to their new home in prep for going on holiday (no-one will be here to look after any of the tanks) And might get them back once back.

I will leave the ponds as they are as have not fed them in over 6Months and all the fish are fine.

Now gone to its new home.
Was suprised by the amount of shrimp in the tank, Lots of Hybridisation and some interesting colors. Orange, Green, Lots of Tigers, A Very Nice Gold looking one. Loads of Shrimplets in the Mulm and lots of fry from the Coral Platties.

Themuleous said:
Shames that its gone, but hopefully to a good home. Also a shame about the shrimp, would have bought some off you for sure!!!

Sam

No Worries, I will ask him what he wants to sell after he has settled them.

Well I am back now, And My mate the Vet has been sitting the tank and fish for me for the last few months.
He has been Selling off the fry that have been growing while in his care, so that has been giving him some money back from keeping the tank running. (He has over 15 tanks running ATM)
Will be picking it up sometime this week and deciding what to do with it.
I Still have the new tank in the Garage waiting to be used, still undecided on the route to take. Thinking V Large scale Barren type scape. Saying that though, I have said that I will be taking the hardscape supplies from the barren to matts BBQ Meet next weekend. So may need to create more hardscape from the Slate in the rockpile in the garden.

I Do have some SunSun Twin Koralia Powerheads I want to use in some way, but not sure.
Also Been exerimenting with different Powders from the Medicine cabinet (For some Special Effects for Pix), that would suit a Barren scape.

Will also need to buy some more Marimo Balls as mine have been left alone in a bowl for 3 months and are a little ragged with Algae, but 5 mins with the platties should clear that up a treat. If Not I get them cheap enough from my supplier - Also the best qulaity you will ever find( been using them for 4 years and never a bad batch).

I also still have the Aquagro to set up, and have been wanting to set up a Pico marine. But need to find a job first (will take ages according to my Disability PA) so that i can afford the RO unit.

could ramble on for hours on what to do and when to setup, I guess the sooner I collect the tank the better. So that I can set something in motion

Back