• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2010 Book

Tony Swinney

Hi

I'd ordered the IAPLC 2010 book directly from ADA in Japan, and it arrived this morning ( it took 8 days ). As a bonus they have also thrown in the new "Book of ADA" :)

Both are beautifully presented works, and well worth the £17 outlay.

The IAPLC book has an A4 page devoted to each of the top 7 entries, with the final photo, plus tank specs, a plant list and a fauna list, and a comment about the scape. The scapes that placed in the top 100 have about a quarter of a page each, and the rest up to ranking 1819 are shown with about 15 per page, listing only their ranking, size, the owner and their country. For me the interesting bit is at the back, where there are judges comments on the top 7 layouts, and comments form the scapers themselves, then each judge has chosen their best placed scape (interestingly a couple of these ranked in the 50's overall) and commented on the entrants overall. Its great to read why certain tanks placed highly, and also read why tanks lost out.

The "Book of ADA" is a good read too. Whilst primarily its a catalogue of their products, theres loads of information with 60 pages of tank setups, maintenance techniques, planting techniques, then lots of expensive gear to drool over too :lol:

All in all, I'd recommend ordering the Contest book to everyone, especially as you appear to get the other one for free :) They are both excellent resources for the budding aquascaper :)

Tony

good info tony.

Buying direct from ADA is painless, and prices to boot.

I need to get a few new editions of ADA AJ's

Tony Swinney said:
Hi

I'd ordered the IAPLC 2010 book directly from ADA in Japan, and it arrived this morning ( it took 8 days ). As a bonus they have also thrown in the new "Book of ADA" :)

Tony
same here.not looked through them yet though.

Back