• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nelson's 75x45x45cm optiwhite

cheers Gill.
no larger rocks to go in.hadn't thought of tree roots,but probably not.
i may have a "fallen tree" across the river though.

just spent all day planting and setting this up :) .
i'll get some pics tomorrow ;) .

well here it is.not quite happy with it.have already decided the Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan' has to go :lol: .will replace it with Myriophyllum mattogrossense.

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

still have some moss to add.

Looking good. This kind of planting has to get couple trims to look best as there is no much hardscape in there. Patience my friend and rotala will find its place.
Good luck.

Krish's Bettas said:
I like the plant layout it looks brilliant. Where are you going to place the moss?
cheers Krish.
the moss will be between the pebbles and stems at the back left ;) .and probably some fissidens here and there.
LondonDragon said:
Good start Neil, looking forward to seeing it develop and how the planting shapes up when it fills in, keep us posted :)
cheers Paulo.
still need to learn stem trimming :oops: .
Themuleous said:
Thats gonna develop into a cracking scape :)
Sam
cheers Sam.
Piece-of-fish said:
Looking good. This kind of planting has to get couple trims to look best as there is no much hardscape in there. Patience my friend and rotala will find its place.
Good luck.
cheers Edward.
Patience ?.something i'm no good at :lol: .i just think Myriophyllum mattogrossense would suit the scape better.

That looks superb, the sense of depth is awesome - something that's very hard to achieve. Your plant choice is good too, i recon it's gonna look brilliant.

Moss stones around the path will help greatly with softening. I'd suggest using something like the substrate supplied with a Biorb, i've had great success with it before. I wouldn't go buy them though, I only used some since I had them lying around. I do tend to think that rough stones are the future for moss, not really pebbles as I feel that the the moss finds it harder to attach it's self to a smooth surface.

Love it!

quick suggesttion...

get some sexy glassware in there, and also move the drop checker thats on the back glass, to hidden behind the stems on the riights hand side.

cheers Dan.
Dan Crawford said:
I'd suggest using something like the substrate supplied with a Biorb, i've had great success with it before.
i used to have some of them but binned them a long time ago :( .i'll probably use lava stone as i have loads ;) .

Nick16 said:
quick suggesttion...

get some sexy glassware in there, and also move the drop checker thats on the back glass, to hidden behind the stems on the riights hand side.
cheers Nick.
i'm just so heavy handed i'd break glassware.maybe one day :p .i'm also just moving the DC's around at the moment to check i'm getting co2 everywhere ;) .

not a lot happened so far,only a week :lol: .
the HC is melting a bit and i've done a WC today,so excuse the bubbles.

day 1

Picture011.jpg

day 8

Picture020.jpg

+1. this scape is looking great. i really lie the pathway idea, so much i'm going to try it in my new nano. i think when it's fully grown in it'll look amazing! :D

thanks guys :D .

i've now taken the Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan' out and replaced it with Myriophyllum mattogrossense.
i'm a lot happier now.HC is still struggling a bit as is the HM/MM.

1 week
Picture020.jpg

2 weeks
Picture021.jpg

Back