• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The ups and downs of having a tank!!!

chrisfraser05

Thats me finally home from afghan and ready to start setting up my 300lt.

I've got all the stuff I need and am getting really excited.

I'm a little dissapointed though as my current tanks that I'm taking my plants from are looking a little sorry for themselves.
My wifes father went into hospital and she had to leave in a hurry to go to his bedside. Her friend came to stay and my friend who works in a tropical fish shop offered to clean the tanks.

3 weeks later, the upstairs tank light is off at the wall so the plants aren't the healthiest, 3 of the endlers guppies are missing, the filter is almost completely blocked and I think theres a couple of ottos missing too :(

The main tank is almost as bad, water level is way down, CO2 is switched off, circulation pump off, most of my stems are floating (WTF) and theres BBA spattered around!

Arrgghhhh. The only good thing is that I'm tearing them down over the next few days anyway.

My wife was doing such a good job too for the first 3 months of my 6 months. Shows you cannot trust even the so called experts lol

Anyway, I'm off to start aquasaping :) :) :)

Woop woop, have been playing around with the scape the last few days and as of lunch time today I was happy with it.

This afternoon I removed all the plants from my 80 and 40 lt tanks and planted them into the new one.

I'm actually surprised how much I've got tbh, with the rockwork etc and the 6 pots of HC i've got coming theres not really much room left empty :)

Will post pics once the dust settles :) :) :)

Back