• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what car are we driving?

Quinn is the cheapest. and remains so. Adrian flux is slightly more expensive.

Most other insurerers wont even insure a 17 year old, and if they do its a ridiculous amount.

They smash you for mods.... They assume everyone with alloys drives like a mental case. i like cruising showing them off :lol:

'right arm on the plywood' gangsta style. :lol:

Should dewiper the back and add a bee sting aireal :)

Will make it look nicer :)

yeah, i need to go and get a grommit for the back, and then de connect the motor etc.

be sting aerial is an ebay job i feel.

black or red, thats the question... cos i dont think the red will be the same red!!

Just go black. Will be a little weird if red:)

Debadge it and keep a clean grill.

Add aero wipers, they are so nice to have. I do detailing on weekends so have done a few simple mods on my Audi :)
Nothing tacky, just the stuff mentioned above, detailed, aerial, clear side repeaters, HID and resprayed Avus alloys gun metal :p

I couldn't believe the cost of insurance when I got over here. £1000 for a 95 bmw 316 third party :wideyed: In NZ I was paying $1000NZD a year for my 2l turbo 88 mitsi VR4 at 17 all mods declared. Then when I decided to slow down a bit at 19 I was paying $700NZD for full cover on my 95 2.5l V6 mitsi diamante.
Ive just now bought a surf and its costing me £7 a month more thanthe bmw :crazy:
040-1.jpg

Regards

Ollie

Stu, you car looks cool! Looks like your house needs a bit of work though! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am a real petrol head, and really love driving and going to motorsport events, here is small selection of photos i have taken:

Audi @ Lemans
web.jpg

Aston Martin @ Lemans
web.jpg

Peugeot @ Lemans
web.jpg

Day at Porsche UK, driving Porsches was immense!!!
web.jpg

Truly insane, the GT2 was a serious car to drive
web.jpg

Mr Hamilton
web.jpg

British Touring cars
web.jpg

Enzo - Gumball
web.jpg

P. Zonda
web.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

im still tired from watching the whole of this years 24 hours. what a race!!!

best one in years, and an audi 1,2,3 !! incredible stuff.

that pic of hamilton is mind boogling. look at homw many little bits of bodywork there is. so much stuff going on!
aero has gone crazy.

Re: what car are we driveing?

Flyfisherman said:
Skoda Octavia VRS estate

considering buying a Triumph Dolomite Sprint if I cannot find my Dolly is going to be a Triumph Stag.

Regards
Paul.

Quick up date - my Mrs has stated that I am having my midlife crisis - I say am going back to my youth. The picture attached were within the advertisment - Took delivery tonight of the following - 1977 Triump Stag 3.0 litre V8. Looks even better now she sitting on my driveway.

bigb.jpg

bigw.jpg

bigd.jpg

bigp.jpg

Thx for looking

Regards
Paul.

Lovely cars Stags, always had a soft spot for Triumphs, stags especially.

nry said:
X plate Alfa 156 2.0 Twin Spark....temporarily whilst we either rebuild the engine from my Astra or change the car entirely...

The Astra was, back in March 2010, put back together with a fully and professionally rebuilt engine, cobbled from the original bottom end alongside a ported cylinder head from (let's just say) a slightly silly decision to buy an apparently professionally rebuilt/balanced/ported engine via a web-forum I frequent.

1.6 16v now fitted with a ported and double-skimmed cylinder head, straight-through cat-back exhaust, custom air-intake and most recently, some Denso Iridium plugs (purely because they are rated highly on LPG which this car was converted to run on from factory). Quite a few exterior mods and some interior ones to boot. Standard output is 98bhp/113ftlbs, was rolling-roaded at 131,000 miles at 117bhp/131ftlbs, with luck it should hit a bit above 120bhp/140ftlbs in February this year when it's back on the rollers - 11k on the rebuilt engine, total 167,000 miles on the clock.

frontdec09.jpg

reardec09.jpg

Dude, we both have good taste :lol:

B-QeuyQWkKGrHqZmEEyjCzGFUBM8Oq1nvUg_12.jpg

This is my new car - I swapped it for my megane because I fancied a change. It's a Bertone Coupe, 1.8 16V, factory fitted LPG system with tinted windows - lurvly.

I'll be tinting the rear tail lights, adding a spoiler and changing the alloy wheels for something a little more sporty in the near future. After that, who knows?

oh, I also get to drive this baby around (it's my fiance's). Camero Coupe, 5.7 V8, it's a total beast. 0 - Oh My God as soon as you put your put down!

21102010366.jpg

Back