• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

looking arfter plants

shyboy

Seedling
Hi all
New to plants in my tank will be looking to get once with out pots. I will be putting them in sand any help in looking after them roots. How do u keep then to geather some may come with lead and i dont whant to keep them like that. How do i cut leaves if and when thay grow any good fertiliser any good names and do i have to use it

All help appreciated

Different plants have different needs - if buying local, ensure you don't end up buying non-aquatic plants like wheat grass etc. as they'll just rot.

Stem plants can be pushed well into the sand/gravel - tweezers help loads here. They will root after a few weeks.

Once they reach the surface, cut them in half then re-plant the cut stems as above. Once they all thicken out, keep on top of them so they don't get too thickly grown in.

Ferns and anubias need tied to rock or wood and are not ideally planted into sand or gravel.

Thanks boys very helpfull

Back