• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank just arrived

strat100

My new tank has just arrived,it is a 4x2x2 rimless made by http://www.poseidons-palace.co.uk/,unfortunately i couldn't afford at this time to go for the starfire glass so i am making do with normal float glass.This will be my first planted tank after a few years hiatus away from aquariums.It sits on a home-made stand,to house the 2 eheim 2260 filters.
So as i have been away for awhile i need to ask loads of questions and find out hell of a lot more before i set it up and running.

oops forgot to post some pics.sorry about the quality,i no nothing about cameras.
2011_0113Image0004.jpg

2011_0113Image0003.jpg

2011_0113Image0002.jpg

2011_0113Image0001.jpg

its a promising looking start .....be sure to keep us updated on your progress and let us know your intentions

Jason

Yes i did,its made from colorail from B an Q,its 19mm comes in differant colours and you can get corners of the same stuff making it very easy to put together.

Will turn it into a journal when i get the rest of the stuff i need,i am going for a low light low maintenance scape with pressurized co2,it will have wormcastings and tesco kitty litter as a substrate,with 2 of the 4 54w t5ho of the arcadia pendant about 12 inches above water level,which leads me to my first question,is that about right for the lighting level?

got the vinyl background from ebay for £7 delivered,had just put it on when i took the pictures,thats why it looks marked it is drying.

Nice size tank and lighting fixture. ADA style cabinet would give it even more contemporary sexy look ;)
Regarding lights 2 bulbs will be enough for low light tank. You can give plants a little more power by turning all 4 of them just for 2 or 3 hours.
Something like 2 hours 2 bulbs, then 2 hours 4 bulbs and then the rest 4-5 hours 2 bulbs again.

regarding the stand i made it before i found the forum,and with hindsight i wish i had found the forum first,i would have then made it more contemporary,but will stick with it for now and see how it goes.

I am being totally honest here,i was a little bit more than worried because they were so cheap,and it took me a while to eventually bite the bullet and order,but i must say i am really impressed with the quality especially the sealant,no blobs anywhere and lovely and straight with exactly the same width as the glass which is 12mm.yes i am impressed and he kept me informed all way.yes i would order again from them.

regards

Hi,..Strat. Those are really nice quality pictures that you've posted. Did you use image shack to upload them directly as you did here? I am trying to upload my pictures but can't seem to do it. Any suggestions please?

Hi
I used photobucket havnt tried image shack.just copy and paste the the link under the photo in photobucket,easy.

Back