• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Covering old ground.

Tom said:
Can't find the button?

I found it mate. I couldn't find my flash lead though...

So, 7 weeks or so, in, and things are settling down now. Such a long time to wait for things to level out.

Moss has been my biggest issue. I thought it was a bad case of diatoms, but it turns out it was a 'settling in' process.

Thankfully, and after a trim or 2, it's now doing good. I sense, that it's going to be a full on tank in terms of trimming and keeping tidy. I didn't realise this with moss.

I'm tempted to add a couple of species of stem in the rear.

Crypts are on fire now, and are swiftly becoming a fave plant of mine. The almost 'false' look to their leaves is quite something.

Here's how it's looking today.

Stems play havok with metering.

here's top down shot.

top-down-1.jpg

To go with the above image, here's the 7 week (or maybe 8 weeks...i'm not sure) image.

You can just make out new growth from the moss, but there's still a bit of old stuff.

7-weeks-a.jpg

I've planted some hydrocotyle in the foreground, as per plan. The hydro to the right is now on overdrive. It's taken longer for it to settle than the stuff on the left.

The moss on the wood needs trimming also. :)

If i get chance, i'll take a shot with studio lighting.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" @ 7/8 weeks

Lovely!

I think the contrast of the Hydrocotyle and moss works very nicely. Its positioning looks really natural too, not contrived.

I suspect the huge contrast in the stark white background and dominating deep greens and browns of the wood and plants will be a lot more balanced with studio lighting... :thumbup:

Cheers George. very kind mate.

Instead of the usual pic i keep on posting, I've done something slightly different.

bored.jpg

It could almost be the cover of the inevitable Mark Evans coffee table portfolio.

Garuf said:
inevitable

The chance would be great, or just to provide the likes of tropica with images would be great.

It's tough to get into those guys though. I may send them a mail and ask

Pull a few strings at vivarium, I understand the owners will be there... ;)

I forgot to mention, I've added another 6 amano shrimp and 6 cherry shrimp.

I've not kept cherries in ages. wonderful little things

What can i say,everything is superb as usual,i love that last image,like garuf said it would make a great book cover,

John.

john starkey said:
What can i say,everything is superb as usual,i love that last image,like garuf said it would make a great book cover,

cheers john. I've enough images to do one. :geek: A high res handbook....

60cm "quemador lenta" @ 7/8 weeks

Mark Evans said:
john starkey said:

cheers john. I've enough images to do one. :geek: A high res handbook....

Hey Mark i really would buy it whenever you do that, even would be happy to sell it. ;) great inspiration with top qual captures. Why don't you give it a test? You have many fans around the world would be some extra income and fun. I am with you mate.

viktorlantos said:
Hey Mark i really would buy it whenever you do that, even would be happy to sell it. great inspiration with top qual captures. Why don't you give it a test? You have many fans around the world would be some extra income and fun. I am with you mate.

I'm looking in to it Viktor. I've put a few 'feelers' out. costing/pricing will be the killer of the project, but I'd like to put something together.

Thanks for the over seas support to. :thumbup:

I think now the idea is in my head, i can pic maybe 20 pics from my current collection and can now focus on future images.

I'll stop being 'random' in my image taking. I've a goal now :D I'll probably have to stop posting so many to...just to make things a little more exclusive?

Another reason to spend a bit mor money on equipment and tanks. I've got a 120 x 55 x 60 in the pipeline ;)

Ithink the book is a great idea ;) I'd be second after Victor to buy it.
But dont stop posting here 8)
You need more tanks now yes yes. How about the bigger cube to add to the collection? 40cm or bigger.
I dont remember any cubes from you.
Or go full power and turn your living room into a gallery :D

A photo book is a great idea.

The making of your work freely available for fellow hobbyists to appreciate vs. exclusivity for folk willing to part with their cash is a dilemma I think about a lot.

Good luck with whatever path you choose. :thumbup:

Thanks for the genuine support guys.

I think i can mix things up a bit. Pics for forums, and the more precious images for whatever purpose.

Great idea Mark, can you put me down for a autographed copy? :D Would make a great read, and if lazy I can look at the pictures ;) Think it's a great idea and wouldn't mind spending a wee bit of money for the inspiration it would give. 'Quemador lenta' means slow burner to the best of my (limited) knowledge , does that refer to this idea as well? Seriously think it's a great idea and one I would like on my coffee table

without beeing too off here the photo booklet itself may would have less impact. but if you add various tanks, different kind of images, a bit of story, like the brilliant macro plant shoot, photo technique or lenses, set up process, the planting, plant selection and progress with plants etc that would sell the whole story. you also can came up with new editions later. but i really would mix up your work. so not only 1 tank in focus.

the funny thing is that you all have that. just not organized and packaged. so many brilliant theme, so many great stories to read and amazing detail capture to watch. if you print it, go for a great qual printout and nice typography and people will love that. market is empty here. except the Aqua Journal and the ADA publications i do not see quality stuff printed on a nice paper. PFK is good sometimes, but the paper is a mag paper and that is not something you put on the bookshelf, also not work as a photo book. Mr. Amano's articles in TFH is something i love a lot. Pure quality stuff, but again mag paper...

i really support the idea Mark. maybe some guys would prefinance the production who knows? may worth to consider some web sites for community idea finance?

...on the current topic and your tank i have to say the same boring things as many times in the past. i just love it! ;)
keep up the quality work Mark.

Back