• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tmc reg not fitting FE

jagz

i have brought a tmc regulator with built in solanoid and needle valve , but got it home and it doesnt fit on my FE , it appears to be the exact same as the one that aquaessentials sells and they state it does fit a FE but mine doesnt the thread appears to be about 1mm to small on the reg

has anyone else had the same problem and is there a way around this ie adaptor of some sort

cheers jagz

i dont know mate i aint got a disposable bottle lol , i brought this one because it was supposed to fit a FE but it doesnt lol

jagz

You'll have to check the instructions that come with it for a 'thread size. Its definately not for disposable bottles (390/600g). The regs for them have connection threads a quarter of the diameter

Post up what it says there and someone in the know can detail :) Hope its not a US thread :(

AC

it didnt come with any instructions i brought it 2nd hand, if it is us it there some sort of convertor to make it fit our size thread, it is only 2mm max to small

jagz

We've been talking about people using PTFE tape on their regs recently because you're not supposed too!!

Is yours a V1? maybe the V1 was a proprietry thread. The one on AE is a V2.

If you bought it second hand maybe send TMC an e-mail asking what your options are for using it.

AC

I've had the same experience. It is being replaced.

From what I can establish, you need the regulator with a din 477 fitting for fire extinguishers and other refillable bottles. Look on the box to see which fitting you have. It will probably say its the 3850 (or something like that) which only fits disposable bottles with a pin valve.

Keith

thanks guys im gonna give tmc a email now , who is replacing yours bud

jagz

SuperColey1 said:
We've been talking about people using PTFE tape on their regs recently because you're not supposed too!!
i wasn't saying use PTFE tape.just some info there on the threads ;) .

nelson said:
SuperColey1 said:
i wasn't saying use PTFE tape.just some info there on the threads ;) .

I know you weren't suggesting this but the info linked to contained a suggestion to so.

keith hellyar said:
Look on the box to see which fitting you have. It will probably say its the 3850 (or something like that) which only fits disposable bottles with a pin valve.

Like I said earlier. If it is 1mm different diameter to the FE then it ain't a disposable. They are closer to a diameter of 12mm

AC

Back