• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta"...foreground tidy up.

Hey Mark,

Looking good mate, I'd certainly take that moss closer down, the depth already looks great but the extra depth created by some hard moss trimming would be class! I have some of that Hydro in my new scape from George, but its yet to take off like yours did. I much prefer your scape with must of it out..... Brilliant mate!

As promised, a few pics with flash.

I've taken these with 1 flash unit, so the over all exposure, isnt quit on the button. I've also taken a full tank shot, to see how it looks overall...i'm happy :D

white-3.jpg

white2.jpg

The blue isnt that great with no control over the light spill.

blue-3.jpg

Superb mark,then i wouldn,t expect anything less from you these days,i see you got the blue background out in the last shot.

Cheers John.

Yes mate, the old faithful blue :D

i forgot this image, with the blue and wide angle...

wide-2.jpg

The blue can be a pain, to get the right looking W/B...it's just a case of experiment...every lens cast different tones to.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta"...new images

B7fec said:
Hey Mark,

Looking good mate, I'd certainly take that moss closer down, the depth already looks great but the extra depth created by some hard moss trimming would be class! I have some of that Hydro in my new scape from George, but its yet to take off like yours did. I much prefer your scape with must of it out..... Brilliant mate!

soz Ben, i missed your post :oops: cheers matey.

I do plan to go real hard with the moss...i feel brave now :lol:

Once that hydro gets going it'll take over!

With my basic PS skills, I've taken the hardware out of the tank by just 'painting' white over them. I had a FTS to just see how it would look, but couldn't be bothered to take all the kit out.

So for the benefit of curiosity, this is how it should look in the final images. It's still a few weeks away, and the stems need to grow in the back, but you get the gist of the final look.

fts3.jpg

Great shot mate! I'm loving this scape :) It feels a little empty at the back, is that because (as you said) the stems need to grow in more? Trying to visualise it with more/bushier stems :)

Love this image,i would be happy to have this in my lounge :thumbup: ,

john.

SteveUK said:
It feels a little empty at the back, is that because (as you said) the stems need to grow in more?

That's it mate. There's plenty in there, they just need to grow.

Water change time always gets some good images...Lower water levels, reflections etc.

colour-madness.jpg

Amazing! The moss is uber cool :geek:

do you know what i like about your tanks Mark (apart from the obvious)...you always use a decent community. The stocking is always different, but works really well. They work well for the camera, it looks beautiful mate.

love this tank, looks so natural and brilliant camera skills. What is the plant with the large leaves to the left of the wood? thanks

m_attt said:
this tank, looks so natural and brilliant camera skills. What is the plant with the large leaves to the left of the wood? thanks

Thanks matt. It's a crypt sp. wendtii brown. :)

ianho said:
do you know what i like about your tanks Mark (apart from the obvious)...you always use a decent community. The stocking is always different, but works really well. They work well for the camera, it looks beautiful mate.

cheers Ian. I need a few varieties to stop me getting bored. :lol:

thanks for letting us know, i think the colour really helps give the natural look

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Stunning pics,

I feel I'm about to change my desktop picture with a new one, again yours

Ahhh, cheers mate :D

A week away, and i thought I'd not prompt the wife on dosing, as she did it without being told before....MISTAKE! she didn't even bother this time :wideyed:

5 days without a thing! Thankfully though, it's still ok.

I got my trimming gear out tonight and cut the moss right back, did a water change and trimmed it again. I still have more room for tighter trimming which I'll do tomorrow. I does look much better IMO.

The middle most wood, has moss crawling all over it and has given me an insight as to how moss works and I'll adapt my next moss scape, so i have minimum on start up, and over time, I'll end up with naturally crawling moss.

what do you reckon?...

trim-4.jpg

The polygonum broke the surface during the week, and is desperately trying to flower.

What with new tanks arriving and a project or 2 just around the corner, next week may see this tank being torn down for future projects. :)

Hey Mark,

5 days with no dosing......and still looks amazing! loving the overall look. Great stuff mate. I want it........

Bring on the new projects!! Cant wait to see what you have in mind! :thumbup:

Back