• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[IWAGUMI] My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125 (THE END)

Piece-of-fish said:
After seeing it on Sunday i can officially confirm this is a masterpiece :shh:
Well done. Fish are beauty.
Thanks Ed, just to confirm the fish are Forktail Rainbow (Pseudomugil furcatus), went to ADC on Friday after work with the missus and after looking around for a while the missus spotted these and fancied them, they were not cheap but I really liked them and since she insisted I get them, why not!! I am away for a few days so will try and get some photos soon.

they are like these guys:

P_furcatus_GS.jpg

Cheers

Quick update, was away most of last week, so tank went one and a half weeks without a water change, dosing wasn't up to scratch either during that time, the HC didn't suffer, just grew slower which is not bad considering, the rocks did get some algae. Performed a water change yesterday and everything is looking good so far.

Added some Hygrophila pinnatifida, Juncens Repens and Ludwigia Palustris "Red" at the back of the rocks, although the Ludwigia is not red at all so far! lol

Also some fish have gone in, I have added 12 Forktail Rainbows and also some cherries.

Some photos taken last night (not the best, need to get the DSLR out more):

p1040100a.jpg

p1040117a.jpg

From the side:
p1040169t.jpg

HC pearling away:
p1040136v.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

This one will turn out to be a real beauty! Really nice one! I envy you for Juncus Repens :)

fantastic looking tank and great fish choice.
Pseudomugil gertrudae would also look good in there ;) .

Many thanks everyone :) the tank as taken much less maintenance that I was first going to do, but its coming along nicely, just some algae on the rocks but that is no big issue for now.

nelson said:
Pseudomugil gertrudae would also look good in there ;) .
I have thought about getting another 12 of the same or a different small rainbow species, I have not seen the Pseudomugil gertrudae on sale but I have seen another small rainbow species on sale, similar to the forktails just red.

The plan is to add some amano shrimp in there this week, maybe 5-6 and then add some more fish.

Finally able to View the pix on the growth of this scape. And must day that it was worth the wait. Stunning scape and the dragon stone is emense.
The rainbows really suit the overall scape and the red ones will make a nice addition.

That's one pristine Iwagumi! Great plant growth and health.

It will be interesting to see how the background plants change the clinical look once they've grown in.

Super photos too, especially for a compact. Might try some out myself to save time.

Great work mate!

Stunning Paulo,that HC carpet is one of the best on here,it will be interesting to how the new plants change the overall look of the scape,

john.

Thanks guys, what I disaster week I had lol first was too busy and didn't pay much attention to the tank.

I did add a week ago another 13 rainbows, this time the Pseudomugil gertrudae :) also moved the pigmy corries in there, they are much happier than in the nano.

Couple of days ago noticed my HC was melting away, then noticed the CO2 was on the low side (might be the inline atomizer that needs a clean), also the 4x24w lumminaire stopped working. So have been increasing the CO2 over the last couple of days and also had to open up the lumminaire and try and fix it, managed to get two of the tubes working, but the other two no luck, looks like the ballast is gone (placed an order for a new one), also the problem were the switches on the side, they were causing a short and taking down the tubes, at one stage took down the entire house sockets that's when the second ballast stopped working completely, so I have now ripped the switches from the lumminaire, will replace them when I find something suitable, since I am using the timers there is no need for them.

So now running 4x24w T5 rather than the 6 I was using before, the HC was pearling last night so thats a result, hopefully it will recover.

Quick update, I have now managed to fix the lumminaire: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15949

The HC recovered a little in a few days with the lumminaire repaired and I have now also started using EI ferts again.

How the tank looks now:

p1040555s.jpg

quick video:

Oh My Word, that is some pearling.
Stunning as always, did you get the Standard Gertudes or the reds you saw.

Westyggx said:
So so jelous, look at that lush green carpet :) looks amazing mate.
Thanks :) it as seen better days, road to recovery, I hope! lol

Gill said:
Oh My Word, that is some pearling.
Stunning as always, did you get the Standard Gertudes or the reds you saw.
Cheers, just the standard ones in the end. Pearling to that extent only with the 6x24w on and off course all filters/pumps off for at least 15 minutes, close to the end of the photo period.

Just a quick update, I am now using the EI fert regime as the ferts from Tobi run out, tank has suffered a little due to some neglect, the HC seems to be hanging on even with the lack of ferts and water changes, busy at work and a mini break over the bank holiday as not helped, water change last night and some trimming, here how it looks now:

p1050374b.jpg

p1050379t.jpg

p1050382.jpg

p1050400p.jpg

Fish are at the surface as I had just fed them before the photos.

Back