• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice needed in placing rocks

dawidmNS

Hi everyone!

It took some time to collect all equipment etc, all I need is just water tests, dry powders already made mix (as from my powders there won't be any use) and plants.

Ive started to set up my tank, at the bottom I put sphangum moss, then on the top akadama substrate. Once I will recieve plants I will put about 50 pieces of osmocote into roots.

Im thinking about the layout, Ive tried to place rocks in different areas to make it more effective but not sure. So Im writing to get some advice what do you think about the rocks, and maybe should I put them in different way?

The plants that Im thinking about are hair grass, glosse, blyxa japonica and not sure about the back but at the begining I will put some amazon swords. Also Ive got 1 tiger lotus, and gigant vallis so I will add them too.

Regards
Dawod

Hi there. I would place the middle rock facing upwards rather than flat and put it further back so you can fill the foreground more. But that's just me.

Hi Dawid, here's what I would try...

First I would swap the two rocks at the back-left, so the larger one is on the inside. Then, take the one that's bang in the middle, and swap it for the small one to it's left. With the trio on the right, swap the back two stones and then move the back-left one an inch or two towards the center.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Good luck with it. As long as it looks good to you, that's what matters.

Tom

first thing is do YOU like it ?!? After all, you're the one who's got to live with it! Having got thet disclaimer in ... I'd be tempted to create two separate piles of rock and apply the 'rule of thirds' (see aquascaping tutorials), then plant in and over the rocks. Hope this helps! Matt

Thank you guys for quick reply!
I will try each of your ideas and see how it looks the best. I will have a look at tutorial and get some advice too! :D

Regards
Dawid

Dawod, check out some journals on the forum for ideas on the placement, I like London Dragons placing of rocks in his latest scape take a look for inspiration.

Hi there!

Sorry it took so long. I think that Tom advice for placing stones is the best one.

What do you think guys?

Regards
Dawid

Back