• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Internal recommendation

mdhardy01

Hi all
I'm off to tgm in may on the trip and thinking of getting a mini m
I'm looking at getting a good but small good internal filter or a HOB but not sure how recommended these are
The tank will be the initial main cost the rest will be sourced on eBay to start with eventually being replaced for a small external and glassware as I convince my wife that it is needed which can be a slow process
Comments and recommendations please
Many thanks
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Internal recommendation

Hello mate, that trips going to be brilliant aye :)

I have a hob, its brilliant ..the flow is similar to a spray bar so nice and even, I picked it up from ebay for around 10er brand new, some guy had about 4 and a few smaller HOB's its the AZOO Mignon 360.

As for internals just get something with a bunch of flow and a spray bar, the Dennerle corner filter is probably underated for that size tank, mini m being around 30liters right?

imo having used a 105fluval on a 15l tank with glassware and external diffuser I'd say you will need a 205 (if your a fluval guy :) ) haha.

Hi nayr88
Soooo looking forward to the trip
Just looked on the tgm website have you seen their new section
Cheap setups for beginners
I know it's not an Ada mini m but for the same price I would get the tank light and filter
What do you think?
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aah man!! Really! I wish I could have a look but no laptop and can't view on my blackberry. Copy the details over here with a pic PLEASE :) :) haha
If you going mini m I've always though you need the whole package, stand, solar mini, glass ware the whole thing.

Or just get an opti white, a supafish clip on, and cheap external, some acrylic or 2nd hand or ebay glassware :)

You planning on getting any Ferts? I'm planing my main purchase to be hardscape and possibly shrimp...I can see myself getting roped into ada ferts and substrate, I rate them from past experience but I'm trying to hold back :)

Nature Aquarium Nano Package - Mini M

This Nature Aquarium Nano Package contains all the essentials you need to get you started! Exceptional quality, at an exceptional value - ideal for beginners or as an extra aquascape.

Contents;
- Do!aqua Cube Glass Mini M 36x22x26cm
- Hang on Filter
- Nano arc pod light
- The Book of ADA, for inspiration and instruction
- Free delivery

Recommendations
Just add;
- 1 x Sera 25w Heater
- 1 x Nature Aquarium in a Box, No. 1
- 1 x 3l bag of ADA Aqua Soil
And you're ready to go!

£89.99

No picture
Already dosing ei in my big tank so will use those ferts
Might get some Amazonia though to give it a go
Will probably be getting some hardscape too dragon stone etc
Thinking of going low light jungle
I feel a journal on the way
Matt

That aint too bad isit!

What the hob like? Lph ect?
How many litres are the MiniM's?
What watt is the light?

Sorry mate gotta ask haha.

I'm not to fond of the arc pods, I've found the light very pink compared to my supafish clipon.

Tgm don't state lph for the filter the tank works out to about 20ltrs and I think the light is the 11 watt they only do two 11 and 9 watt as this is the bigger tank I would think it Would be the 11 watt one
I'm hoping that the filter is about 300 lph coz that would be perfect
Matt

56baa60f-13f7-e095.jpg

This is the filter
Filtration
Filtration is an important part of any Nature Aquarium. We have carefully chosen our Exceptional Value range of filters to make sure that they will provide the best results possible.
Nano Hang on Filter

£15.99
Quantity:

Attachments

• 56baa60f-13f7-e095.jpg
    56baa60f-13f7-e095.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 68

if you are considering a hang on filter, these are the best i have seen

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/filt ... heim/19456

I have a azoo mignon, they are not in the same league as the liberty's.

Just depends if they will fit. One of the users on here (bogwood) uses one on his 35l and raves about it.

Back