• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stu's ADA Mini M nano - updated pics, page 12

Re: Stu's ADA Mini M nano

Full ADA setups always have a bit of magic ;)

Aside from the name...mmm....Takeshi....i reckon the light unit holds the magic. I can buy a million and one BEAUTIFUL tanks, but they all look like dog eggs without beautiful lighting....mmm....Takeshi...sorry, got distracted...
M

bigmatt said:
Aside from the name...mmm....Takeshi....i reckon the light unit holds the magic. I can buy a million and one BEAUTIFUL tanks, but they all look like dog eggs without beautiful lighting....mmm....Takeshi...sorry, got distracted...
M

Haha!! Beer post??5.30 is early for the beers though haha :) :)

Ahh ahh, scapers dream gear...
Very looking forward to the scaping. Good luck with that one.

nayr88 said:
bigmatt said:
M

Haha!! Beer post??5.30 is early for the beers though haha :) :)
:lol: He right about the lighting though. I mulled over it for a few months checking out all the options for nanos and kept coming back to the solar. Looking forward to seeing some black ones in the UK in the future :geek:

Piece-of-fish said:
Ahh ahh, scapers dream gear...
Very looking forward to the scaping. Good luck with that one.
:thumbup:

TGM backing hey,can't be bad mate,good luck to you with it Stu,i am sure it will be as good as your 90cm,quality looking kit too,

john.

Cheers John :) Im hoping the scape works out well.

Heres where im at tonight. This isnt final but its what ive thrown together so far. I dont think the stone looks all that natural so it will be tweaked so it doesnt look like too much of a firepit for the final. Im still trying out hardscapes though so it may well change yet :)

5863853253_48c443c4df_b.jpg
mini-m-2 by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

Good starting point mate, I thing more whole rocks would of looked better instead of the 'rubble' the wood looks the part though Stu, a lot of people fo for twiggy wood when doing a nano so nice to see something different mate.

Nice picture too really fresh :D

nayr88 said:
Good starting point mate, I thing more whole rocks would of looked better instead of the 'rubble' the wood looks the part though Stu, a lot of people fo for twiggy wood when doing a nano so nice to see something different mate.

Nice picture too really fresh :D

I had thought about getting some very thin stuff from TGM but I wanted a stronger look from the wood, a bit like when the ADA gallery nano tanks have massive single stones in them.

Yup, i think your right about the size of the rocks nayr. The next possible scape has some bigger ones in :) I cant stop thinking that one of the branches of hornwood looks like "nessie" though :D

5864406758_c978239b0b_b.jpg
mini-m-3 by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr

A nessie? haha what's that's?

Yeah I agree about the ada gallery nanos, or a big piece of wood. Plants left bushy against the front pain too.

Cheers

nayr88 said:
A nessie? haha what's that's?

Yeah I agree about the ada gallery nanos, or a big piece of wood. Plants left bushy against the front pain too.

Cheers
good old lock ness monster, this one but the other way around :D

nessie.jpg

mini-m-3.jpg

Hahaa that's brilliant :D

I like this layout, what are you thinking for plant placement on this particular layout?

Make sure you snap a photo during a waterchange. Convert to black and white, add grain and show it to us :D

cheers all. Still not decided on a final hardscape so it may change again yet.

Plants wise im thinking of Elatine Hyropiper carpet. Stuffed in a crags and tied on will be ferns, fissidens, HC and mosses. I was also thinking of adding some tennelus and keeping it trimmed low. At the back will be bolbitus and HM

Great Hardscape so far, Even looks like a Plesiosaur if you picture the head and bottom thru water refraction.

You should peel that sticker off in the corner, it detracts from the scape. ;)
Very nice indeed! Have you said what plants you're going to use?

George Farmer said:
Also consider what plants you intend to use, and where, before deciding on a final hardscape...

The photography is amazing. High-end catalogue quality.

The photography is so beautiful. I wish I knew the secret :)

E.hydripiper!! Man that plants wound me up haha! Good luck with it mate

Gill said:
Great Hardscape so far, Even looks like a Plesiosaur if you picture the head and bottom thru water refraction.
Thanks Gill, there's still a bit of nessie in the new scape below.

Garuf said:
You should peel that sticker off in the corner, it detracts from the scape. ;)
Very nice indeed! Have you said what plants you're going to use?
Lol! Ill get the label remover out Garuf :D The plant list was a few posts back but its below save backtracking

stuworrall said:
Plants wise im thinking of Elatine Hyropiper carpet. Stuffed in a crags and tied on will be ferns, fissidens, HC and mosses. I was also thinking of adding some tennelus and keeping it trimmed low. At the back will be bolbitus and HM

Piece-of-fish said:
George Farmer said:
Also consider what plants you intend to use, and where, before deciding on a final hardscape...

The photography is amazing. High-end catalogue quality.

The photography is so beautiful. I wish I knew the secret :)
Thanks POF :) Theres really no secret to it. This is the setup below.

A tripod taped to the floor so it wont move.
The SLR on the tripod (you could use a compact).
The SLR lens has been marked with pencil and taped so the zoom doesnt move so you get the same picture on every exposure.
The flash head on the right broke so im just using the 150W modelling light in each bulb so the light is continuously on. (its a little yellow so the white balance needs to be adjusted.
The tank sits on white roll paper which is taped to a broom mop and rested on a box (blue thing at the top)
The tank is marked in pencil on the white paper so I know if it moves.
I just put the camera on self timer set it on manual at F11 and 15th of a second then press the button to take the shot

The only downside of using the conservatory table to scape is that it can only be done at night due to the sun and the wife wants the table back! :lol:

Im also using the Mark Evans tip of connecting the camera to a TV to scape off with the live view as there is an LCD to the left of this shot which shows whats on the back of the camera :D

mini-m-setup.jpg

nayr88 said:
E.hydripiper!! Man that plants wound me up haha! Good luck with it mate

I thought as much as ive not seen many scapes with it. Im going to give it a go then if it fails it will be replaced with HC or glosso

Now to choose. Ive done another scape tonight and am thinking I might like this the best at the moment but time will tell :)

1. I decided I messed up the rockwork on the first one as it doesnt look very natural but i liked the wood.
5863853253_48c443c4df_b.jpg
mini-m-2 by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

2. Sloping lying down design
5864406758_c978239b0b_b.jpg
mini-m-3 by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

3. centred lying down design
5864406896_837def64c8_b.jpg
mini-m-4 by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

Now to empty the tank and do the step by step of setting up...

Back