• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WHERE ARE YOU BUYING YOUR WOOD...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

norclaj

Seedling
Hi all..

Ive been looking through this forum for a while now and have become inspired by some of your creations..... Some of these tanks look more like pieces or art and It has made me want to start my tank up again as it has sat empty for nearly 2 years :(

However ive been looking around for a piece of driftwood or other kind of aquatic wood that i can use as a centerpiece and i cannot seem to find anything that resembles some of the pieces used in these tanks ...

My tanks is 1.3m long and about 300l so would need a fairly substantial piece...

Where on earth are you buying these pieces from ???

p.s. appologies if this is in the wrong forum..! it is my first post..

thanks....Andy

Check some of our Sponsor sites, They do some very nice pieces!

I agree the psonsors are a good place to look.
Ebay too.
any LFS you go in.
and nature (rivers, streams, etc)

It is a life times work finding good pieces of hardscape ;)

thanks for the advice guys ...

i have a sneaky feeling that my wife is going to lose me to the world of aquascaping ..... lol.

I've got 3 piece of massive manzanita wood from Tom. It's meant for a new 4 feet tank but that is not going to happen now. It's sitting on my top shelf as decor at the moment. If you are interested, I can sell them to you at cost price. ?

Daniel, give us some piccies :D I'm always after some wood ;)

norclaj said:
thanks for the advice guys ...

i have a sneaky feeling that my wife is going to lose me to the world of aquascaping ..... lol.

This has probably happend to most of us already......Its a fine balancing act to keep both interests satisfied :)

Where mark? share the wisdom!

The wood I have I've gotten them from tom. They are expensive because some of them had stump and mine comes with 3 stump and I paid $180 in total for it. The would easily fill a 4-5 feet tank up quite easily though so no complain. Otherwise you would have spend equally as much money on normal bogwood that isn't half as nice. I'll post a pic up sometimes. :)

Johno2090 said:
Where mark? share the wisdom!

and jeopardise sales from quality suppliers like aqua essentials?...not likely mate, but these prices from just a forum member, is, in my eyes, quite sad.

Forums, are not places to make killings on other forum members.

I apologize in advance, but this is how i feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back