• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Short term use of liquid carbon

idris

I know pressurised CO2 is better than yeast or any of the liquid carbon souces. Please don't anyone suggest using it. I wouldn't be asking this question if it was an option.
Right, got that out of the way ...

My initial planting in my new low tech set up has not gone well (see my journal if in doubt). So I'm wondering about ways to boost short term growth, like liquid CO2 and then weaning the tank off it slowly, back to full low tech.
Any thoughts (that DO NOT relate to preasurised CO2)?

I know someome will appear to have not read the whole question and suggest pressurised CO2.

Well, what about pressurised CO2? What's all that grey text BTW? :lol:

EDIT; The link in your sig does'nt lead me to a journal. I would like to read that before answering...

Hi idris. I originally had a low tech tank, with No co2 at all. When I set my current tank up, I decided to give liquid carbon a try and was really really impressed. Plants grew well. Practically wiped out my algae. I was considering pressurised during this time and with a big tank it worked out cheaper so gave up the liquid stuff. I would say give it a shot, then slowly reduce the dosing. Will certainly help with any algae issues you could get with it being a new tank

Thanks (again) Alastair. Might give it a try. Which brand did you use (and did you have any health issues using it)?

JEK, the link didn't take me to the right thread this morning (on my phone) but seems to work fine now.
(The grey text isn't part of my question, just potentially relevant information, but not drawing too much attention to it.)

Hi again mate. I used easycarbo from one of the sponsors, was only about 9 pound. I only threw it out last week too or I'd have sent it you.
I never had any health issues, possibly down to the fact I'd read up in the stuff. I know your to avoid inhaling it as it's supposed to be bad for your lungs. Not that I'd thought of sticking my mouth over it or anything. It does have one hell of a pong though. I was always having my hands in and out the tank too but made sure they got washed straight after.
Added bonus is if you had a wart on your hand this stuff would get rid according to wikepedia ha ha.,

Back