• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator

fish bait

Hi all, I have seen a reg for sale and it is an up CO2 Regulator Dual Gauged Solenoid Magnetic Valve A153 for £48.00 and £15.00 p&p.I wonted to know if it is ok and an OK price, as I was thinking of getting one. What do you think?

regards Jeff

I am in the Market for a regulator too. Is the Lunapet one highly recommended or are others recommended by folks too. Reliability is far more important than price for me.

Hi all

I run both the Lunapet (after a recommendation on here) and JBL regulators.
Haven't had any trouble with either. The Lunapet has been running for 9 months and the JBL has been running about 2 and a half years. Both good quality.
I know it's not good practice to run your CO2 bottles until empty, but I've come close on a couple of occasions when I didn't have a spare bottle. Neither of these regulators have performed the classic 'CO2 dump' when the pressure in your CO2 bottle starts to drop, which has been known to happen with the cheaper regulators and annihilates all your fish, as many on here can attest :D

I got mine from TGM as part of their kit. I have run my cylinder empty on a couple of occasions, as I don't have a spare yet and didn't realise it was bad form! Had no dumps, and no deaths. Unfortunately I can't tell you make/model as I'm at work...

Thanks. Helpful recommendations to look at.
Bob, I have had a look at TGM and they seem to use Aqua Medic. Dumps are one of my concerns, so it is good to hear your experience. I know spending more money does not guarantee a better regulator but I do not want to take risks with the cheapest rigs on eBay. The Lunapet seems well recommended though. I had better get on and make a decision: planting next week.

Back