• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings from Moscow

Saurek

Seedling
Hello UKAPS!

I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Ilia and I am from Russia, Moscow. I`ve been reading this forum for a while. So far I find it to be the biggest among English-speaking fresh tank forums. I`ve been a while at APC - but it seems quite inactive last time. So I decided to move here and to Planted Tank.

I`m doing aquaristic for about 3 years atm (2 years - working with planted tanks). Started from 75 g community tank I then come to 125 g rimless open-top tank which I have now. As it usually happens: at the first you want to keep fish but then you eventually come to aquascaping.

I think that I can call myself adept of Nature Aquarium - I really love Takashi Amano works and his enthusiasm to popularize that hobby. Recently he was in Moscow with his master-class - besides other things he have a sweet sense of humor.I have some photos from that event and if you wish I could post some of them.

So far I have had 3 different tanks and now comes the 4th. My very first community 75 g Juwel Rio 300 (crappy old version of it - with two rims and t8 bulbs - new versions have only one rim and comes with t5 bulbs), 125 g EVASION 150 on my former work - arranged with stones, driftwood and different crypts types with dozen of Melanotaenia boesemani. I was pretty lovely - unfortunately after my retirement they "rescaped" it - threw away all hardscape, plants - and replaced it with plastic pseudo-sea stuff. Pity.
At last - my current home tank - its 125 g rimless open-top 130?60?60 tank from opti-white glass (get couple of small scratches today, lol).

At the current moment I`m rescaping my tank. Getting rid of driftwood and stem plants and trying to create a pure Iwagumi. For more details see Journals section.

Regards, Ilia.

Back