• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nice easy foreground plant suggestion please

faizal

HI everybody.

Could someone be kind enough to suggest a nice & easy to maintain foreground plant for a 5.5 US gallon tank that would be supplemented with co2?

The tanks dimensions are 13.5 cm length , 8.5 cm depth , 11 cm height

I was initially thinking of HCs but I wanted a nice and easy plant to work with ,.....to build up the confidence level y'know?

Open to suggestions

You could maybe have sagittaria platyphylla as a foreground plant, I have found it easy to grow and it grows quite fast!

Hi mate,
Riccia, stargrass and any of the mosses can also be used - but they all require more careful planning in order to actually look like a carpet. Riccia and mosses for example need to be tied with a mesh to flat plates or to mesh. Stargrass has to be tended to and pruned often to keep it low.

If you don't want to go through all that trouble then you might want to consider Staurogyne repens.

Cheers,

I'd say that Helanthium tenellum is the easiest but it may not grow low. The hairgrasses are next and don't forget glosso too.

Back