• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Babies

mrjackdempsey

Got some Morpho Tetras today (around 25) for a new project that of course isn't ready so had to take some young Congo tetras out of their tank and pulled most of the plants from the substrate trying to catch them.Had a nice surprise as there was about 12 to 15 baby Cardinals in amongst the plants( have 25 adult Cardinals in the same tank) so will help when it comes to stock the 8 foot tank(that really is going so slow ,well stopped until I can get parts needed) Still it was a nice surprise, a happy chappie here :D

Really nice seeing fry, makes my day :D I have to be honest and say that I wasn't the first to see the fry, it was Joe (Bogman, here on the forum) as he brought the Morpho's down to me and was standing behind me when I was blowing plants out of the way with the fish net trying to catch the Congo's and he seen the fry in amongst a rather large Java fern.They are nearly transparent but have their florescent blue stripe and are now shoaling with their larger brethren now that the Congo's and the last wee Keyhole are gone to a larger tank

Here's a quick pic of one of the young 'uns out with it's extended family. It and the rest of the cardinal babies are gro
wing fast but the final number has dropped to 7 or 8 though they seem to be coming on fine
022-4.jpg

Back