• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone recommend a glass diffuser?

Matt Warner

Hi, can anyone recommend an in tank glass diffuser as I have now had two TMC ones break on me now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Matty1983 said:
Hi, can anyone recommend an in tank glass diffuser as I have now had two TMC ones break on me now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

TMC ones just like the japanese style (Rhinox) diffusers are mass produced with a weaker ceramic. If you're looking for a better ceramic then any premium diffusers could be an option (CAL, Do!Aqua, ADA). These ceramic produce smaller bubbles and are more effective then mass produced ones.

If you broke the glasses easily, the Acrilyc Sera could be an option.

Ok thanks. Does anyone know what the AE design glass diffusers are like form Aqua Essentials? I have one of their drop checkers and it seems well made.
Thanks

The AE one is fine but glass. I broke mine after about 4 days. I second the sera acrylic. Have just gone inline but before that was using the sera for a year and a half. Went through about 5 different in tank ones and it was the best.

If your worried about the glass diffusers, maybe give the super diffusers off eBay a try. They produce a ridiculously fine mist of co2. I really liked it in my tank and plants pearled like crazy. You do need a working pressure adjustable reg though as they need about 2 bar pressure minimum.

Back