• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Aponogeten Madness

so much for the 40cm aponogeton! We need to be having a word with Tropica.

ianho said:
We need to be having a word with Tropica.

You tell em' mate! :lol:

This weekend, I've got a real hectic schedule, so you'll be pleased to hear, i wont be posting many pics.

so, here's a full tank shot...ish. The ludwigia glandulosa, you see, came up from nowhere. The pre trimmed stems, are recovering, but not yet on show. The Ruby starts to shine.

Thanks for looking.

ruby--8-weeks.jpg

Come on Mark, give it some MH power or send the Giesmann to the London crew :lol:
I can offer you hagen double 54T5 controller in exchange :D

Piece-of-fish said:
Come on Mark, give it some MH power or send the Giesmann to the London crew

You mean, you cant see them when i switch them on? :lol: ...you need dark glasses like this guy 8)

I'll be using them soon.

My Anubias is about to flower.Still looking for Aponogeten flowers though. :geek:

I'm getting bored watching this thing tick over...time for the 60 i think. ;)

Here's my little glass cleaner, on the back wall.

I've not had to touch the glass since it's gone in.

catfish.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 The best window cleaner in town.

dazzer1975 said:
stunning...

nuff said.

cheers dazzer. :)

wearsbunnyslippers said:
i am running out of superlatives...

:)

I've noticed, my cherries are laden with eggs. They're ready to explode.

I'm certain some have laid because my tetras are hovering around the grass more than usual. I think they may be looking for easy food.

You can just make out the adult cherries in the grass. They feel safe there i reckon.

hunting.jpg

Thanks for taking a look :thumbup:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 cherries ready to lay

Mark Evans said:
Time to move my SAE's moss attack!

Indeed, they've been eating my moss. It looks ragged in spots.

When i caught them, i bagged them up and there crap was bright green. Evidence they've been eating my moss!

So, a lesson learned! they're great for early start up, with cleaning the white fluffy stuff which develops on wood.

I'll be adding some more fish next weekend. A focal point fish! :D

clonitza said:
A goldfish!

how did you know? :lol:

I've done a water change today. The effect low water gives is ace.

In actual fact, it shows my error in design...i should of done this layout in a 40 instead of 55 :shifty: ooops!

Anyhow, here's another pick for you to get bored over :D

This should be giving you a clue to my next IAPLC entry :thumbup:

WC--9-weeks.jpg

again mate, that apongeton looks really cool in there. I'm not sure your baby shrimplets will last very long with that shark hanging around.

any clues on the fish?

It's not the shark that worries me. It's the serpae tetras and the barbs. They seem to be hanging around the grass, much more than usual. :?

The shark is no bother at all to anything just at the moment.

All of the shrimps have got really big, including the amano's. It's a shame amano's dont breed because they're carrying eggs too.

Even if a couple of youngsters make it, i'm sure the population will grow. 8)

ianho said:
any clues on the fish?

I think i know, but not fully sure. :shh:

On a side note (yet again) gravel vacs blow me away!!!!!!! :lol: or rather the crud we dont see and do anything about. My tool of choice for any future setup...even with grass and HC!

Mark Evans said:
how did you know? :lol:
They are great scapers you now, a little bit misunderstood 'cause they have their own style. :lol:

Mark Evans said:
In actual fact, it shows my error in design...i should of done this layout in a 40 instead of 55 :shifty: ooops!

Yeah, shallow tanks have their own drama when long plants are used. Just imagine there some 2-3m long vallis. :)
BTW nice shot! :thumbup:

Good luck with choosing fish, regarding shrimps especially RCS they tend to hang around the surface and get purple ... they did that before being on my cichilds meal of choice. Amano's on the other hand should be fine, they bite when pissed off! :lol:

I've just spent a bit of time with my son looking for baby shrimp. Didn't find any, but we had a great time feeding the fish and stuff.

I realised, that i dont spend enough time actually enjoying layouts.

Here;'s a few pics of my son. I like the shrimp cleaning his hand. :angelic:

dan-1-1.jpg

dan-4-1.jpg

dan-2-2.jpg

dan-3-1.jpg

Back