• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

25L Nano

Box'o'water

Seedling
Hi Everyone

I joined a week ago with a head full of questions expecting to drive everyone mad with beginner questions; well the search function seems to have been my friend so far and have had all my questions except one answered.

The question: will this work? Have i missed something blindingly obvious?

Within the next couple of days all the hardware should be here with just the plants left to order from TGM. This is what I have:

Superfish 25L Aquacube
Superfish Aqua-flow mini internal filter rated at 300lph.
Aquacube 11w light unit

From Fluidsensoronline
Trace mix
Monopotassium Phosphate
Magnesium Sulphate
Potassium Nitrate

Coming from Warehouse Aquatics:
Arcadia Ellipse 18w light unit
Aquael NeoHeater 50w (location gets very cold in winter)

Coming from Aqua essentials:
7kg Seachem black flourite sand
AE Design mini glass CO2 diffuser
AE design drop checker
CO2 tubing.

The plants I have in mind are:
Juncus repens
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Riccia fluitans
Ultricularia graminifolia
Vesicularia ferriei

These have been chosen for their relatively small leaf size.

To start off with I will be using a yeast CO2 mix but will upgrade in the near future to a pressurised system, probably using the welding bottles from Machine Mart

I will probably only use the 18w light unit unless someone thinks both lights would ok.
No plans at present for livestock but further down the line may add a few shrimp/otos.

So. if all this was put together, in theory it should all work together ok?
Thanks in advance for any input.

All sounds well mate

Bit heavy on the lighting, I'd stick with the 18w
Hc For the foreground right where's the ug going, for a 1st try it's a mega hard plant
Better of using the riccia in it's place.

Good luck mate

Thanks nayr88,

Will look again at the plants as I didn't realise some of them were really hard for beginners.
Cheers mate

I've tried UG several times in hard water, soft water, high light, low light, high Co2, low Co2... You get the idea :lol:
It grows very well in pots of peat on the windowsill though :?

You might strugle with the diffuser as it needs high pressure. Run co2 just through internal filter if you do.

Thanks madlan & Piece-of-fish. I had considered drilling a small hole in the base of the internal filter and siliconing an air-line connector to take the CO2 outlet, hopefully the diffuser will work with a strong mix of yeast/sugar.

Back