• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Appropriate Lighting for 60cm Aquarium

mark4785

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get any advice on an appropriate light for an aquarium that is approximately 60cm in length. It currently has a black plastic cover on the top of it with flaps that you traditionally open up and drop food through. Due to it being plastic, it makes a lot of noises when the flaps are opened/closed and when I completely remove it to clean the filter sponge and syphon water out. As a result, I want to get rid of it completely and have an open top aquarium with some sort of removable light.

I'd like to eventually convert the aquarium into a small planted tank with added co2. I know the introduction of co2 is associated with 'high tech' or high light aquariums but i'm not necessarily looking for a high tech set-up. I'm just looking for an easy to maintain planted aquarium which is something not best associated with a high light set-up.

Any suggestions regarding what sort of light I should used would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What about some twin T8s? All Pond Solutions have some nice designs at really good prices. Not as high light as T5s, I was considering using them as find high light too much bother.

Morgan Freeman said:
What about some twin T8s? All Pond Solutions have some nice designs at really good prices. Not as high light as T5s, I was considering using them as find high light too much bother.

Would something like this serve as low to mid level light? I'm not sure what to type into Google/eBay in order to find All Pond Solutions light selection.

I've also come across this LED light as well. Would this be any good? Again I'm not sure whether this would constitute high light on a 60cm length 45cm tall aquarium.

I have a small problem with finding a suitable fluorescent light in that the length of the aquarium from side to side is 61cm exactly. A lot of clip on lights like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADIA-600MM ... 2ea69a58f4 , are 60cm in length (1cm too short).

Are there any clip on lights that can be adjusted according to the amount of distance between each rim on the sides of the aquarium?

Back