• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Spot the CRS

Thanks for the info chaps. I have one with a toothnmarkingnso that could be better quality.

Shooting info off the top of my head is...

Iso 400
F2
Shutter 1/200
Contrast 100%
Colour 100%
Sharpness 100%

The important part of the above is this...

Canon have presets....neutral, landscape etc....

I don't use these, but instead, downloaded the kodachrome2 preset. It's much nicer than the preinstalled presets. Contrast is fab.

The canon 135mmf2 makes the world of difference to. A very polished lens indeed.

I could do with some extra money :lol:

Anther. 12 amanos have gone in. I have about 40 or so now. I've also added 12 rummy nose....to be upped to about 50 over time. Thee best shoaler I've seen.

E vusiuvius is going to be a nightmare I feel. :twisted:

Google Kodachrome for canon.

I've just done it and found it :thumbup:

Some of the pros use it for 5dmk2 video, as it produces more natural colours. Skin tones mainly.

So, one week has passed. I'm pleased with the way things are going.

All of the usual issues i get...mainly diatoms...have not hit like they usually do.

I've taken many measures to stop it. Purigen, ottos (about 20+) shrimp(about 60 in total maybe more) and seachems phos remover, which also removes silicates.

I've not seen a sign of diatoms. Just a bit fungus on the wood, which was taken care of by the shrimp.

Of course, it's still early days, and i'm not counting all of chickens just yet.

Here's an image after 1 week.There is of course a long way to go, and there are still plenty of gaps which need filling, but you should get the general gist of things.

1-week-2.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 @ 1 week old.

so there is Diatoms??

that looks awesome mate, really taking shape, even if only a week old.

Tony,
Put them on the market place :lol:

Mark,
good job, tanks looks already matured, thought it is only 1 week old :clap:

Hi Mark,
this is looking really nice already, and filling in so fast! :thumbup:
Is the substrate your using ADA Aquasoil amazonia, and could you divulge any of your water perameters, water change schedules, fertilising regimes etc for these early stages in your tanks development? It will be a very useful guide for all us beginners especially looking at your spotless glass and rapid plant growth.
A small word of warning with the rummy noses though, ive just witnessed mine devouring one of my amano shrimp in some shark like frenzy! :twisted: Im not sure if its coincidence but id just started feeding them live foods the day before and then this happened. They seem not to be targeting them further at the moment but its definitely got me on edge and your CRS are a little more costly as live foods!
Thanks
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Is the substrate your using ADA Aquasoil amazonia, and could you divulge any of your water perameters, water change schedules, fertilising regimes etc for these early stages in your tanks development?

ADA as amazonia.
water parameters, unknown.
water change 3 x 50% weekly.
lights 2 x 54w t5 for 5 hours daily.
Elos fert range 3 ml daily.

ghostsword said:
Do you have a air pump running on the tank at night?

I just raise the lilly pipe to add O2 @ night.

As i mentioned, i've added rummy nose. They're great...but...they're not for this tank.

The issue being, they swim low down and blend in against the green of the plants and the grey of the stone. I've taken pictures and they are just not defined enough.

I'm now thinking about a fish which is darker. :? ...got to catch the sods now!!!!

what about some Black neon tetras?? It's a difficult one...

.....or keep the rummys if you cant catch them and add the second greatest shoaling fish.... the penguin tetra which will swim higher in the water and add definition.

Back