• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

F1 altum angels

Theres been lots of debate about these F1's - from what I gather they are not wilds, being tank bred from wild true album parents. They are a lot sturdier that true wilds, but its been said that they don't develop the same fin height and colouring of the wilds. Either way they are very nice fish.

I picked up 8 true columbian wild albums from David Lai just this morning, and they're settling in well :)

Tony

altums.JPG

Ignore that I thought u said u got the captive ones off david. As far as I'm aware they are bred from wilds but there is alot of debate if they are the proper altums is it p altum? Summut like that

Be skeptical............unless you see tiny eggs and tiny fry as evidence..........and in their tanks, not some other "tank".

I've seen tiny imports, roughly 2 cm long being imported before.

Any breeder would show the parents and the eggs, then the hatching and then the fry and their development if............they in fact did breed it, come on........they have a digital camera and they KNOW folks will question them.

No one is just going to causally go, "oh yea, I breed them all the time, but no....I do not have detailed pics."

Think about it.

If they cough up good evidence, they okay.

He does have pics of the parents ect and other pairs he put them on Bidka. You only have to ask these people for pics just because he didn't put a pic of the parents means nowt. As I said before the seller is a repritable dealer and a sponsor of Bidka. The angels are bred by Tony tan (one of the top Asian discus breeders for people in the know not a cowboy). The only thing that a few people are not sure of is what genus of altums they are

Tony Swinney said:
Theres been lots of debate about these F1's - from what I gather they are not wilds, being tank bred from wild true album parents.

That's what makes them F1, no? If they weren't tank bred from wild caught parents they'd just be "wild caught".

Back