• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia OT2 Suspended

toadass

Hi all
I am just in the planning stages of my 2nd ever planted tank, i would like to go for a NA style set up.
I have just purchased a Arcadia OT2, i would like to hang the light from the ceiling or a lighting arm.
Can anyone tell me the maximum height this would be best hanging from the surface of the water?

As i am going for a nature style i would like some wood pertruding from the top (similar to George's set up on sky 1) and also like to see the surface of the water when viewing, with the legs that come with the light it sits at about 6cm from the surface, but i would like it a little higher than this because of the wood, and also with the maintenance.

Any recomendations would be appreciated. :)

Many Thanks Matt

Cheers, i am currently running it with 20cm from the surface. Had a bit lower earlier til the plants formed the scape (10-15cm approx).

This light unit is not as powerful as the ATI for example. So it's better to use it closer sometimes. But if you plan to use a lower light scape then you can go even higher with the unit.

Thanks Victor,

Sure i can't tempt you to come and scape it for me too :angelic:

Back