• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shopping blunder

Nat N

Hi all,

I appear to have had a “daft” moment when I was ordering my new TMC regulator and a brand new bottle. They arrived today and it is only now I realized what I’ve done... :oops: I bought the regulator with DIN477 connection (as you do – I wanted refillable bottles rather than disposable). I saw the TMC branded bottle on the same site and though I’d buy it as well. I did know that, I did know! TMC own brand bottle only fits CGA320 regulators! So, congratulations to me – I just bought two items which I cannot use together. Genius! :clap:

Now, the question is – can I solve the situation? I know that other sets use converters to change from refillable to disposable but does TMC have them?

Thanks. Yes, I have had a very quick look and could not find anywhere else either... Perhaps contacting TMC and asking them? I have got some time before the new tank arrives but Aquaessentials might still not have them in stock... The alternative is to sell the bottle and go with my initial plan of using a FE...

Nat N said:
Thanks. Yes, I have had a very quick look and could not find anywhere else either... Perhaps contacting TMC and asking them? I have got some time before the new tank arrives but Aquaessentials might still not have them in stock... The alternative is to sell the bottle and go with my initial plan of using a FE...

TMC are a really helpful company in my experience :thumbup: You can get hold of them on 01923 284151

The only negative thing I can say about my setup and to any one else buying the same equipment is to not use the check valve that comes with the TMC. The one I got was a green cheap looking one, used it and in about 2 weeks the valve inside broke (or something) and I got water in to the Regulator! So I bought one of these http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/easy-aq ... -5666.html and have had no problems since.

Thanks everyone, really appreciated. I really feel silly - it was soooo stupid! I have emailed TMC and will try to ring them as well. My problem with using a FE is that there will be probably too little space in the new cabinet for it - hence a choice of a smaller bottle (which did not go well!). I am wondering DIN477 connection is stated as European standard, so it may be tha the likes of JBL bottles will fit?

An update. I think I have the problem sorted!
TMC are a really helpful company in my experience :thumbup: You can get hold of them on 01923 284151
I emailed them and they replied straight away. They recmmended a retailer in my area which could order the adaptor. I will hopefully collect it from them some time soon. Now, I have the best of both worlds: my system will allow me to use ANY bottle I like!
Yes, I am very impressed by TMC's level of customer support. :thumbup:

Back