• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Disaster

jbirley

OK so I am setting up a new tank but on a students budget with a family to feed (I'm a mature student), so I thought I would get a clearseal tank from P@H and DIY a stand since I already have most other things like a canister filter, heater ect. I got the weight bearing frame of the stand finished today so I unpacked the tank and lifted it onto the stand to check everything lines up (it does).

Then I noticed a small crack on one of the end panels of the tank about 1inch long and about 2 inches from the top of the tank, I can feel it on the inside of the glass but it does not come through to the front. It was covered by the packaging of the tank so I did not see it before. Now the best thing to do would clearly be take it back to P@H and get them to swap it but I have an issue with that, I have no car to take the tank back and even if I did I cant find the receipt (not even sure if I got one).

I have some aquarium silicone would it be safe to just silicone it on the inside and wipe off the excess? I'm sort of at a loss to what else I can do.

These are the best photos I can get of it.

WP_000056.jpg

WP_000057.jpg

Best thing to do is not risk it. Take it back to the shop with the original packaging when you can, and hope good will is in the air if you dont have a receipt.
Good luck.

sr20det said:
Mark Evans said:
Send it back. It's a large tank to go BOOM!

Could be quite dangerous.

This, its brand new, on principle you should take it back, maybe you know someone who can help with transport. Phone them, see what they say, did you have it delivered?

No I made use of somebody's car when they were giving me a lift home. I paid on my card so hopefully a card statement will be OK since I don't have the receipt

jbirley said:
sr20det said:
Mark Evans said:
Send it back. It's a large tank to go BOOM!

Could be quite dangerous.

This, its brand new, on principle you should take it back, maybe you know someone who can help with transport. Phone them, see what they say, did you have it delivered?

No I made use of somebody's car when they were giving me a lift home. I paid on my card so hopefully a card statement will be OK since I don't have the receipt

If its in the original box, and bought recently, they can reprint receipts for you. Good luck mate, if you were nearer would have helped, not that my car is any good, only has two seats, and a boot designed for hand bags (its rubbish).

Your card statement should be good enough as proof of purchase. It's reasonable for the shop to ask you to show that you bought it there, but not to insist on the actual receipt (especially if you did not get one).
If you get no joy, your card company may be able to help. What they may be able to do depends on the amount and the type of card, but it's certainly worth contacting them if P@H won't play ball.

Hey I checked with my wife who works for P@H if you take it back even without the receipt they will exchange it like for like or put your money back on to a P@H gift card.

She also said if you call the store you bought it from and explain what happened they should be able to exchange it when you can get back to the store.

Andy

well just got back from P@H and all is well and good, got a new tank so now I can continue collecting all the rest of the bits together. :)

Good stuff! I purchased a fluval edge without the filter included from PAH. Didn't even take the tank or receipt in they just handed me a new one.

Morgan Freeman said:
Good stuff! I purchased a fluval edge without the filter included from PAH. Didn't even take the tank or receipt in they just handed me a new one.

They were remarkably good for me as well, they never even looked at my proof of purchase took me all of 10 minuets once I got to the store.

pleased to hear youve got it sorted without issue.

Back