• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (month 3)

Re: Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (week2)

pariahrob said:
I hope that never happens!

The remaining shrimp all doing well. Still expecting a good few new arrivals, so looking forward to that.

I turned my back yesterday to empty a bucket and one of my dogs stole ALL of my fish and shrimp food and ate the lot though!

Ordered some more and I had to suffer the worst dog wind ever but all ok. I called the vet to make sure the dogs would be ok and they are. Just gassy!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must taste nice. You thinking of making cakes out of the next lot ?

pariahrob said:
Antipofish said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must taste nice. You thinking of making cakes out of the next lot ?

What a fantastic plan. I'll bake one for when you visit! ;)

Lol, I reckon I will bring my own in that case :clap:

I just saw my first baby shrimp! Happy days! I wasn't expecting any as I thought it was the berried one that had died but just feeding them and noticed a little dinky one whizzing around the tank. Only about 2mm long but great to see!

Re: Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (week4)

Congrats Rob, and I cant get over how red that cherry looks compared to some that you see advertised on fleabay :)

Cheers!

I know what you mean Chris. I have one which is blotchy like the regular ones you see. Most a sakura, so vivd red but clear legs and a small handful of fire red, which are completely red.

I'm on the lookout for more babies now!

Grandpa indeed! :shh:

Theres no one quite like Grandad....

come one everyone, sing along now ;)

Rob, your shrimp are stunning as I said already. Almost makes me want cheeries. Esp compared to the washed out things I had before from Ebay.

Antipofish said:
Rob, your shrimp are stunning as I said already. Almost makes me want cheeries. Esp compared to the washed out things I had before from Ebay.
You should see the sakuras from FWS ;) when I saw them had to get some myself lol

LondonDragon said:
Antipofish said:
You should see the sakuras from FWS ;) when I saw them had to get some myself lol

LOL, has Ed got you on commission Paulo ? Seriously though, I have no doubt their shrimp will be second to none. Im just saving so I can get me some nice shrimp for the nano :thumbup:

Antipofish said:
LOL, has Ed got you on commission Paulo ?
haha if only! I just love my shrimp and I like what I saw when I was up there ;) but it is great to see some of the rarer shrimp being imported to the UK, I have to remind myself to leave my wallet at home next time I visit! lol

Not too much to report except that my babies are doing well. Not many of them but I didn't expect any after the deaths I had a few weeks back. Great fun watching them scooting round the tank.

A couple are looking pretty coloured already.

Still don't know how I managed the amano baby. Didn't think that was possible without a brine tank!

apparently its not rob but you can get the odd freswater shrimp amano looking which will breed in freshwater my opinion is evolution dictates things change and everything adapts to its enviroment so who will ever know glad the cherries are doing well though mate have you come to a decision on your new tank yet ?

Ah, interesting. I did wonder. It's still quite small but I'll try to get a photo soon. For now here is one of the cherries, starting to colour up nicely.

7453494632_5815c268bb.jpg

And yes, new tank is on it's way. Lot's left to arrange and deiced but the building blocks are sorted. Check out the 300L thread in my sig.

Re: Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (week8 - baby CRS)

These little dudes are breeding like crazy! I just noticed about 6 or 7 more little fleas prancing about the place!

I removed the eheim heater too and got a little mini heater which is hidden behind the upright piece of wood. Looks less messy.

Added a few more plants too. Another couple of sag, a blyxa plantlet from the 60-P and a crypt. All looking healthy. I think since I started feeding the genchem foods and supplements things have been way better. Colours are even better and jolting doesn't seem to be causing any issues.

I'll take some photos this week, once I've given it a good bit of maintenance.

Back