• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank decisions. Help please

pariahrob

Hi all,

I'm starting to plan my next tank. This one is going to be specifically for a photo journal and photography article that I've been commissioned to write for a magazine and I want to make a good buy!

My first choice would be to get another ADA setup, as they are so well made and nicely styled. However, I want a bigger tank for my next one (I have scaling plans already in mind) so need to look at cheaper options.

I do like the eheim scubaline 240 a lot. German build and not too fussy looking. I did look at the jewel rio but not keen on removing the internal filter housing and the cabinet isn't as nice.

The fluvial roma is also an option but I'm worried the T8 lights won't be enough.

The final option that I am aware of is this: http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquar ... lours.html

I've not seen one or read much about them but currently on an offer, so my question is wether anybody on here has seen one or has one themselves. If so what did you make of it? I can't tell if the filter hoses can be moved or not.

If you know of any other nice looking setups, that are well made please let me know.

Cheers

Rob
p.s Possibly a natural aquario?

I was originally looking at the one you linked to at all pond solutions and for the price think they are fantastic. The hoses on them can be placed where ever you like. I know creg is very happy with his as I was discussing it with him Before I decided to have a tank made. You can't grumble either at the price including lighting stand filter and tank. The black gloss looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of all those I think the Eheim is great. Alternatively have you considered a home made cabinet (theres a guy who recently posted a couple he made in gloss white which are stunning) and an optiwhite tank from somewhere like Poseidons ? If you are worried about jumpers you can always add cover glasses, and these could easily be removed when taking pictures.

I always think for commissioned articles, the cleaner the look, the better. This style of tank would allow for some nice glassware (which you might get sponsorship for) too.

But if you are set on one of the closed top ones that you have mentioned, the Eheim is definitely the nicest. The Fluval range that you mentioned is very commonplace and I think if the budget stretches, what you are doing probably deserves a bit more "luxury" hehe.

Whatever you choose, I am sure it will look great though, with your attention to detail. :thumbup:

Back