• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The forgotten nano... taiwan bee's vanished.

Re: The forgotten nano

Got a load of shrimp in temporary residence..couple of pics.
IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

seems the orchids like the tank water once a week also.
IMG_3006.jpg

nice pics Iain...those orchids are going great guns!!

what camera are you using??

ianho said:

Canon EOS 550D according to the image data.

Lookin good Iain mate.

Hi Iain I've got a very similar tank, with 11w light just sitting in my garage doing nothing, I think its a SuperFish 25l...you've inspired me in to potential action...I just have to find a place to put it...hmmm.

But before I do I just want to pick your brains...is it filtered, how long is your photoperiod, and does it get any direct sunlight? Cause whatever you're doing you're obviously doing it very well; it looks smashing :)

ianho said:

cheers ian, is a 550d with 60mm macro and a shaky hand. Think i need to invest in ones of those bendy mini tripods.
I water changes straight into the orchid pots and leave them for the day soaking then tip the excess out. Seems to work a treat.. hanging basket doesnt mind it either.

sarahtermite said:
I do the same with my orchids, too! :lol:
Very nice images of your tank :thumbup:

johnski said:
Canon EOS 550D according to the image data.
Lookin good Iain mate.

thanks folks your kind words are very encouraging.

Troi said:
Hi Iain I've got a very similar tank, with 11w light just sitting in my garage doing nothing, I think its a SuperFish 25l...you've inspired me in to potential action...I just have to find a place to put it...hmmm.

But before I do I just want to pick your brains...is it filtered, how long is your photoperiod, and does it get any direct sunlight? Cause whatever you're doing you're obviously doing it very well; it looks smashing :)

Hey troi, i run a £9 ebay hob filter on it and a while ago added a tiny 15cm internal just to break up the surface as a bit of biofilm started to appear, its gone now but with so many shrimp in i thought id leave it in. Lights on for 10 hours with a very little day light on the right side through the patio doors, but not really direct light.
Do it mate, 11w seems to be the magic number in this size tank.
:thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:
hey faizal, i used a shower puff thingy, put it over, spin it tight and a small zip tie to tie off. Seems to work a treat... yet to have any bits float away.

Cheers Iain :D ,...that's a novel idea mate. I love this little nano. And riccia without co2 is just amazing.

Thanks kris, The moss has been unreal in this tank, needs trimming weekly really. Do struggle with crypts in this tank for some reason... Will be adding some more next week to try again though.
The microsorum is odd though as it's just a standard plant which was in 3 inches of water when I had crabs, haha, it dropped all long leaves now it just stays compact..... Maybe this is how tropic came up with the 'microsorum mini'??? :lol:

Had a few changes to this tank, i think the wood was rotting so have swopped for some nano manzi, swopped the ebay filter for an eheim liberty, standard microsorum is now gone so more space to experiment with the riccia carpet.. spread it again last week so with luck aside from a couple of small gaps should have a full carpet once grown back.

Then the really good news.... got some taiwan bee hybrids from Freshwatershrimp today, they are in and settling. I will try and get some pics later. Beautiful shrimp and a pleasure to see ed and radiks set up again.. was only going for the trip while dave picked up his nano!! had a pocket full of cash and couldnt help myself.

Looking splendid, having a move around and will have space soon, going to have to get that cube out of the garage and follow suit :thumbup:

cheers Tim, not quite follow suit.. im sure yours will have a muddy bottom! Another journal to look forward to.

So i had to go to work as soon as the shrimp were in so have been a little distracted.. anyway managed to get one good snap before lights out.

IMG_3383_zps12aee1e2.jpg

Been trying to get rid of the cherries but they keep coming back :lol:

Love them, got 3 black, 1 white and a red. Just need the other 10 now :shh:

Back