• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I am new and an ecosytem experiment

owenprescott

Just thought I would say hello as a new member to UKAPS. I have only just discovered the whole Aquascaping scene and it looks like it will be new hobby. I introduced myself to another similar forum recently too so I will be using these forums to learn, ask questions and most likely get inspired. :)

I dont have an Aquarium at the moment, I will by next month so I am currently at the planning stage. At the moment I plan on getting two long bracless aquariums that will sit side by side, one tropical and the other room temperature. Anyway as I have been really eager so last week I attempted to create a small ecosystem in a Dr.Pepper bottle :lol:. I know the concept sounds silly but after doing a video I think it actually looks really impressive for what is essientially some pond debris and mosquito larvae. You can check out the vid here... http://youtu.be/z9CBm1FV93g?hd=1

I look forward to joining in with discussions and developing my knowledge of Aquascaping and fish keeping.

Welcome along Owen,
theres endless hours of reading material which will get you going with all you need to know.
Any questions just use the search option as a first port of call, most likely youll find the answers this way, or you can post in the relative sub forums. Any questions that dont fit into a specific category, or cover more than one topic just stick in the general planted tank sub forum :thumbup:
A journal is a great way of documenting your progress and you get all the encouragement, advice, help and critique that goes with it too. You should start one up when you get your tanks next month.
Pond debris and mosquito larvae in a Dr. Pepper bottle, try it.....whats the worst that could happen! :D
Cheerio,
Ady.

bugs are great. Spent countless hours rummaging around in the planted section of my pond.

Thanks and I will be sure to do searches and try to look for relevant info as I am sure like most this forums gets a ton of the same questions being asked ha.

Back