• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss ID

Fox

I asked a friend (who has a shop) to order me "a mix of mosses" with his next plant order, and today I picked up the whopping THREE items that arrived :lol: Only he's gone on holiday and they weren't marked so I have no idea what they are.

First one was a nice 20cm piece of slate with a thick carpet.

7893684054_df09c8ae7f.jpg

Closer

7893682386_594dfe7765.jpg

Then a couple of small plastic dishes. I'm presuming they are different or no idea why there are two, but happy to be advised.

7893685620_80803e8a76.jpg

7893687180_8b58910093.jpg

Any help appreciated

Anyone? If you need better pics/submerged or whatever let me know - I can try. Suppose it doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things, but interested to know.

First looks like some sort of plagmonium but need better and closer picture.
Other pots are impossible to I'd now cause it's emerged form. They all look very similar emerged.

I've been told one was "Spicy Moss" (I presume he meant Spiky). Think he said the other was willow, but I was in a rush as my shrimp had been in a cooled plant van all day, so wanted to get them home, warmed up and acclimatised.

Fox said:
I've been told one was "Spicy Moss" (I presume he meant Spiky). Think he said the other was willow, but I was in a rush as my shrimp had been in a cooled plant van all day, so wanted to get them home, warmed up and acclimatised.
Definitely not willow, but does look like Spiky!

Back